Vaaish, may I ask you to add 2 more icons? Two arrows pointing up, one red, second blue, in that free space that left in right-bottom corrner. Much appreciate and thanks in advance.
EDIT: I added rearranged icons, that way it's easier to put them in code. Add two small arrows in the free space please. I intend to use them as indicators where ufos are when not shown on the visible side of the earth.
EDIT2: you can add those arrows to the file you posted eariler. I'll split them anyway, because of too big size differences between icons.
You can also think of adding animation to crash site/land site/terror site (that circular ring around them is just shouting to be animated). Because of that you can change bases ring to solid (not dashed), because animating bases will be too disturbing during game.
Sorry, but ideas are running through my head like crazy, anyway, here are some specifics for what is needed:
* the icons are pretty and informative and should stay like that
* crash site (broken wheel surrounded by dashed ring) should be animated, lets say 5 frames (I'll loop them later) with that dashed ring moving outwards (when ping-pong looped in game it'll kinda "pulse")
* land site (white wheel surrounded by dashed ring) - the same like crash site
* terror site (exclamation mark surrounded by dashed ring) - you guessed it :)
* human/alien base - just change that dashed ring to solid ring (it won't animate to not distrub player)
* ships icons are OK and I see no changes to them, althou if you've got some ideas then feel free to add them
Oh, that sites icons you can put to another image, 256x256, each frame should exacly 64x64 thou you don't need to fill whole area - see my arrangement, I put them on 64 pixels grid (then you'll be able to fit 16 frames, 5 per crash site, then it leaves one frame free for future use). Put frames one by one starting from top-left corner going to right and then to next line.
And that two arrows could come in handy
Take your time of course, I don't need it at once, since I have static icons to work with. Make it when you have time, don't feel forced
Edited by guyver6, 23 April 2005 - 09:28 AM.