XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Marsec And Aliens?

SupSuper

Ok, I've finally managed to play an X-Com Apocalypse game that's actually going somewhere. I'm not sure exactly where, since the Senate immeddiatly dropped their funding due to city damage, but I live. :P

Anyways, Marsec has decided (for some reason) that the aliens are their friends and they won't help me out. Is this normal? They're 0% alien infiltrated and the only times I can make them non-hostile is when they decide to settle an (expensive) agreement, although I can't settle agreements with them myself since they like the Aliens and I don't. :wacko:

They're some nasty raiders, too, killed off 4 of my scientists :( Speaking of which, one of my unmanned bases got raided by Cult of Sirius and they got defeated by a single Security Station LOL

I normally corral my scientists and stun them in the living quarters. Keeps them out of trouble. But that's not entirely related.

What you've hit with Marsec is a point where they are completely fed up with you that they'll no longer accept cash settlements, unless they propose a settlement. It's not the same as being 100% infiltrated.

While the organization is being grumpy, it will start to support the alien efforts and get upset when you attack them. This gets worse the more you let this situation stays this way. Note that this does not mean that the aliens feel the same way towards Marsec, but they will get friendly with Marsec if Marsec makes any attacks on you.

At this point, the only way to influence relations with this company is to let the aliens do enough damage to them that they start supporting your actions again. Or you can attack one of their enemies. This works quite well, but it can play havoc with your other relationships.

And if you play your cards very well (or as luck will have it, the aliens drop an overspawn just next to some of Marsec's buildings), you'll be able to get Marsec back to allied status.

If you check the bribe screen, they'll still say that the aliens are their 'friends' - but this is certainly not the case. It's just a bad choice of words for that screen.

Funny thing, this can work on the cult as well, if you're vigilant enough and make sure they are not fully infiltrated.

- NKF

P. S: And just as reminder - you'll never be able to influence the company with cash 'donations' anymore, except when asked.

Edited by NKF

Wow, X-Com Apocalypse keeps surprising me every turn. And to think Marsec was my ally some days ago.

My relationships are already a havoc since I keep damaging the city at random with aerial battles, and the aliens only seem to be pissed at me lately since they keep sending Alien Battleships and Motherships to blow up my bases (thank god for the Load button), so I'd like to know who Marsec's enemies are, since I still use some of their weaponry.

Btw, is there any possible way to hit cloaked UFOs?

Edited by SupSuper

Well, you could watch the headlines to see who've attacked Marsec recently, or you could save, and start blasting the city at random.

As for cloaked UFOs - yes - just target them and fire away. I've never had any trouble with the cloaked UFOs except when using missiles. Disrupters and lineage plasma cannons should work fine.

- NKF

Well it seems they hate Megapol, but I'm sure as heck not gonna attack them, so I guess I'll just dump Marsec weaponry. Also, it seems I have more permanent haters now like Psyke, Diablo and Transtellar (those people tubes are too vulnerable) OMG

As for cloaked UFOs, I've tried every sort of weapon yet my craft keep missing them. Badly! Even the police cars have better aim. :(

As for cloaked UFOs, I've tried every sort of weapon yet my craft keep missing them. Badly! Even the police cars have better aim. :(

Tried using close range death? Just get a few kamikaze hoverbikes armed with justice missiles, at close range can't miss, also on the whole destroying the city, im guessing your tactic is to have your vehicles on high so that the UFO doesn't destroy ground buildings? I prefer having vehicles lower then the UFO or the same height, this means that your shots don't destroy buildings and UFO shots might damage buildings but this just means that the organisation who got hit might send out units to support and will decrease relations with aliens therby increasing relations with you.

I like to have my ships on all elvations. This way thay can fly on top of each other and not get in each others' way - and suffer friendly fire (which translates to one less bullet hitting the UFO). In the alien dimension, stacked ships are a must to get the maximum of firepower thrown at the UFOs at any given time.

The cloaks mainly ruin missile tracking. I guess it gives them slower turning speed. It doesn't affect your guns too much, especially in close proximity. Bolters, lineage plasma cannons and medium disrupters all work well (the police cannon is, I think the 40mm cannon for road cars - the smaller but more powerful cousin of the anti air guard cannon).

All I really can say is that you should swarm them as usual - and if that's not working, do it some more but with even more firepower than what you're using now (sans missiles). Or wait and them shoot them down in the alien dimension if you've already captured a sample of the UFO.

- NKF

Edited by NKF