XCOMUFO & Xenocide

My First Map!

SupSuper

i finally decided to try and make a map with the Map Editor and it isn't very hard :)

here's my first attempt. i call it "Who let Tommy drive the Skyranger?" :P

btw, how do you apply a certain tile to all the selected tiles at once?

SkyCrash.gif

look, a skyranger with a top exit like in the intro movie :)

works in-game if you use it in a terror site (stairs are from City tileset). i can make it for other tilesets if you tell me which ones contains the lift for ufos (for crash sites), alien bases and cydonia. that way you can get a skyranger with a top view by replacing the map with the proper one ^_^

SkyTopCity.gif

look, a skyranger with a top exit like in the intro movie :)

works in-game if you use it in a terror site (stairs are from City tileset). i can make it for other tilesets if you tell me which ones contains the lift for ufos (for crash sites), alien bases and cydonia. that way you can get a skyranger with a top view by replacing the map with the proper one ^_^

That sounds an interesting idea. :)

The tiles are in the U_wall02 tileset. If you want I can give you tiles to close the ramp of the Skyranger (I've drawn them). The only problem with including them is that there's no retreating option (unless you're using fly suits)

flipping horizontally the original tiles?

No big secret there ^_^

Wait, horizontally flipping the tiles? I thought that all tiles were 2-dimensional, and if you looked at the unshown side, there would be nothing

flipping horizontally the original tiles?

No big secret there ^_^

Wait, horizontally flipping the tiles? I thought that all tiles were 2-dimensional, and if you looked at the unshown side, there would be nothing

horizontal flipping like this :

b -> d, or the other way round :)

? B -> d?  What is that supposed to mean!?!?

b -> d ......it represents the process, by flipping horizontally the b you get its mirrowed image, a d

b flipped verticallyturns into a......

p

d turns into a............

q

You can do that with the xcom tiles, although vertical flips make the objects look as if they are upside down and stuck to the ceiling :D

Edited by Hobbes

exactly how do you do that?

fire up pckview, export, fire up paint, load, image->mirror/rotate->mirror horizontally, save, fire up pckview, import. There ya go :)

Hey hobbes, that'd be a great idea, fight the aliens upside down, a new challenge :) (although you'd have to flip aliens and human graphics too)

Hey hobbes, that'd be a great idea, fight the aliens upside down, a new challenge :) (although you'd have to flip aliens and human graphics too)

that would be weird but also take ages....you would need to manually change all the Line of Fire entries to get them correct :)