XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Problems Compiling Under Vc++ 2005

sp00n

When compiling xenoui under VC++ 2005 beta, I get the following errors:

Error 1 fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\core\gametime.cpp 24

Error 2 fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\client\xenocidemodule.cpp 25

WTF ? Any ideas how to sort this out?

Thanks

sp00n

Well, I changed from the beta version to the release version of VC++2005 Express.

No more internal compiler errors, but I now get the following compilation errors:

error C2039: 'outer_state_ptr' : is not a member of 'Xenocide::Core::States::State<MostDerived>'	c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\boost\statechart\state_machine.hpp	541
error C2660: 'Xenocide::UI::MessageBoxes::show' : function does not take 3 arguments	c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\client\commonui\optionsdialog.cpp	144	
error C2660: 'Xenocide::UI::ModalDialog::subscribeToClose' : function does not take 2 arguments	c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\client\commonui\optionsdialog.cpp	195
error C2660: 'Xenocide::UI::ModalDialog::subscribeToClose' : function does not take 2 arguments	c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\client\commonui\messagebox.h	135	
error C2660: 'Xenocide::UI::ModalDialog::subscribeToClose' : function does not take 2 arguments	c:\xenocide.svn\xenocide\src\client\geoscape\baseview.cpp	98

Does anybody have any insight as to why this happens?

I really want to get it working, I'd love to contribute.

sp00n

EDIT: the error detailed above referring to outer_state_ptr crops up 16 times during compilation, as it is included by different files. In the same file (state_machine.hpp), there are two other references to outer_state_ptr, at lines 313 and 344, neither of which throw a compiler error:

pCurrentState = pCurrentState->outer_state_ptr();

This is the line that does throw the error:

pState->State::outer_state_ptr() ) )

Edited by sp00n

• 1 month later...