XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I Would Like To Help (in Artwork)

v3Bu

If you need a consept artist or any artist with some drawing skills I am willing to help you

heres a pic of my old stuff (just some sketches) and a portfolio of somekind

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/iSalminen/tuherrukset/Alkuperinen.jpg

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/iSa...en/tuherrukset/

I can draw more cartoonlike pics if you prefer that style better. My skill are really flexible. I also have a bit experience with photoshop. Still learning :) Im using Photoshop CS. Just enough to color my work.

I can also design menus, wallpapers, backrounds, aliens, marines whatever you need. Just want to know if you need me.

Thanks bye.

Edited by v3Bu

Well if you think you can contribute to UFO2000, then by all means do. Just don't lie back and expect someone to come to you and tell you what to do. Be active, and seek out things that can be improved, and do something about them. If you want to draw unit concepts, then sure, why not, as long as they're useable as a basis for new units for UFO2000. Those are some nice space marines though.

EDIT: Or are those chaos marines? Never mind, I'm not a 40k player...

Edited by nappes

I realized that pics of the aliens (in squad assemble screen) are missing.. I dont know does everyone have this problem, or is it just me, or is it problem at all?

Well. I would like to make new pics for all of those guys. Instead of those old looking sprite pics I could make some art for you. I dont mean to "hurt" those who have designed them but its just a thought, what I could do.

Just tell me, would you like to see new unit pics?

I dont want to start working and spend hours for nothing you know. So If you think improving that what I suggested is a good idea, I will get working on it. And then you decide you like it or not.

Waiting for your call...

Edited by v3Bu

You're right, there is no inventory pics for the aliens, because the original game didn't have them, as they were not playable races. We used to have inventory pics derived from their respective UFOPedia portraits, however they were removed from the distribution because of copyright reasons. It has been a question mark for a long time what we should do with this... but if you're willing to go through the trouble of drawing inventory pics for all the aliens completely from scratch, I think that should clear us. So you have the green light.

There is a thread on the bug tracker about this: http://ufo2000.xcomufo.com/mantis/view.php?id=439

Post there so people won't forget someone is working on it.

Well if you think you can contribute to UFO2000, then by all means do. Just don't lie back and expect someone to come to you and tell you what to do. Be active, and seek out things that can be improved, and do something about them.

Well the problem is that how the heck I could know what should be improved :). Everyone has their own opinions. The one whos in charge and Is responsible of everything knows these things more better than I do. All you need to do. Is say do this and do that.. roger that.. im on my way.

LOL. There is no evading responsibility I see...

Well then, here's something for you:

http://ufo2000.xcomufo.com/mantis/view.php?id=414

In short, we need new menu backgrounds to replace those from X-Com, so that we can show something else than black screen with some text and buttons on it. Specifically I want you to take a look at this particular task:

Map loading screen / game start: *NOT ASSIGNED*

I combined these two because they seem to fill the same niche: Show something just before the game has started. I also combined the ideas: Show a ship which has just landed, and soldiers coming out of it. I was thinking I might make the soldiers myself but let someone else do the ship (perhaps as a 3d-rendering?). But this is another low priority task, so there's not really much need to bother ourselves about it too much yet.

If you think you can do this, it's yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I did a quick black and white stencil if you guys want to use it, i'll try to do something more epic soon, any suggestions?

If you want to contribute artwork to the project, you might want to concentrate not on X-COM and TFTD legacy stuff, but on new maps, units and weapons. The matter of this is the intention to have the game playable without X-COM/TFTD data. It runs without them already, but the more original content UFO2000 has, the better.

Another point that worth mentioning, is that poor contribution will not be accepted. My advice is to make small clean fixes first and move to making big contributions later, when the fixes are be accepted.

If you still want to contribute, then, as ufo2000.net "Development" page says,

We need new high quality pixel art, various map packs, weapons and units extensions, more options to help in this area will be available as the game engine evolves.

The whole UFO2000 : Maps and add-ons forum section contains enough pinned topics related to different tasks that can be done.

Maybe you would wish to make a new skin for Chameleon or finish new Farm terrain.

Edited by Fomka