XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Dynamic Battlescape Music

one of the things i liked most about x-com apoc was the dynamic battlescape music, so i was thinking: why not allow it in ufo2000? of course there would be an option to disable this in the options menu, for those who would rather not have the music change (just like in xcom apoc).

it would probably be fairly easy to code i think (start playing a certain sound file if one of your soldiers sees an enemy, and stop playing it and go back to the normal music if it dies/goes away)

That's about as on-topic as we get these days, I'm afraid.

Why not make it more on topic then?

one of the things i liked most about x-com apoc was the dynamic battlescape music, so i was thinking: why not allow it in ufo2000? of course there would be an option to disable this in the options menu, for those who would rather not have the music change (just like in xcom apoc).

it would probably be fairly easy to code i think (start playing a certain sound file if one of your soldiers sees an enemy, and stop playing it and go back to the normal music if it dies/goes away)

Hello and welcome. Sounds interesting, it is better to make such suggestions to the bug tracker and feature request page since it's harder for them to be forgotten there. Don't expect much progress done on it though.

I dig the idea, even if I prefer to just play the original xcom tracks for nostalgia reasons.

I don't recall the music changing dynamically in X-com, just in the different areas of the game, battlescapes/set up screens/geoscape/etc... all had their own accompanying tunes. This doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

I'd be content with some kind of sound notification when you spot an enemy actually. Besides the footsteps as they run through your view ;)

I dig the idea, even if I prefer to just play the original xcom tracks for nostalgia reasons.

I don't recall the music changing dynamically in X-com, just in the different areas of the game, battlescapes/set up screens/geoscape/etc... all had their own accompanying tunes. This doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

I'd be content with some kind of sound notification when you spot an enemy actually. Besides the footsteps as they run through your view ;)

I wasn't talking about the original x-com, I'm talking about x-com apocalypse (or x-com 3). in apocalypse there was an option to enable "action music." there was even a special music for when your soldiers have a very large amount of aliens in view (the track is called "paranoia" =O). there is actually a complete OST of x-com 3 posted...somewhere on these forums

• 1 year later...

Does it go somewhere in here?

void update_visibility()
{
   int32 visible_enemies = platoon_local->get_visible_enemies();
   int32 new_visible_enemies = g_map->update_vision_matrix(platoon_local);

if( (new_visible_enemies &= (~visible_enemies)) ) {
       if( MODE == WATCH ){
           Soldier* ss = platoon_remote->findnum(0);
           while (ss != NULL) {
               if( (ss->get_vision_mask() & new_visible_enemies) && (FLAGS & F_CENTER_ON_ENEMY) ) {
                   g_map->center(ss);
                   break;
               }
               ss = ss->next();
           }
       }
       else{
           Soldier* ss = platoon_local->findnum(0);
           while (ss != NULL) {
               if( ss->get_visible_enemies() & new_visible_enemies && ss->is_marching() ) {
                   ss->break_march();
                   break;
               }
               ss = ss->next();
           }
       }
   }
   g_map->update_vision_matrix(platoon_remote);
   g_map->clear_changed_cells();

}

Edited by lemm