3 replies to this topic

#1 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:10 AM

After listening to some of the great work the music boys have been producing, I began to wonder. Some of these songs would be great at the beginning of the game, when you don't know anything, and some would be great later on, as you uncover the alien threat. A soundtrack that changes as you advance through the game would be very immersive, and great. :)

Having hard points where the sound track changes would be easily spotted, though. Maybe something like the scoring system from Apoc should be used to determine when the music changes? You take all the various points that X-Corps gets, plus alien activity, add in a time score, and you find out what music to play.

If there will be a playlist for the Geoscape, different songs can be given overlapping ranges of values that they play at. So, you would have one song gradually leading to the next song, as the game advances. Or, you could have songs play only when alien activity is high, or low.

So, what do you think?
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#2 ATeX

ATeX

Sound Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:15 AM

take a look at this tread :wink:

http://www.xcomufo.c...?showtopic=3584

#3 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:22 AM

Whoops, forgot about that. I guess I was talking more about geoscape music, and that thread was more about battlescape music.
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#4 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:34 PM

i like the idea. Maybe depending on how 'good' you are? Or how many ufos there are on the screen? (more then five = funeral march :P)

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology