XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Anyway To Download X-com Ufo Defense For Computer For Free?

Patrick1994

whenever i try to download demo it downloads but doesnt install it just says you need MS-DOS to run it and i have no clue it says missing file.

i got Windows XP Professional And im ona laptop rite now and ive tryed it on my desktop but its got a virus.

I got mine from fileplanet. My reasoning is that if fileplanet posted it, it's gotta be legal, right?

well can you send the program file to me like posting it quickly on filefront or something???

and does X-com PC VERSION got and editor

Guest Azrael

That Fileplanet hosted it doesn't really mean it's legal, it just meant that the owners of the licence didn't care about it enough to tell them to remove it.

FYI, Fileplanet doesn't host X-Com anymore, seems someone started to care about the licence.

Check here: [Link Removed] yes it's our forum providing illegal download link(s)

To make things easier, just click [Link Removed]. EDIT: Click on the word "Játékok"

EDIT2: pm me if you are a noob and can't use google.

Edited by Jezulkim

they dont work got any recent links????

C:\Docume~1\coulter\locals~1\temp\tempor~2\xcom.exe

C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The System file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

sucks

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

faints (man im so wierd)

ufo2000 time

As a moderator of ufo2k, don't post links to downloads to copyrighted software. Ufo2000 forums are NOT apart of any other forum on this forum (yes that sounds funny). Ufo2k forums are being hosted by this forum, anything that goes on here are enforced by ufo2k moderators under xcomufo forum rules.

But yeah, you can download it...try messaging each other privately (no I am not promoting it).

But with all that serious moderating...I must say one word...oogbalsdfoki

Sry, i had major downtime for xcom computer major crash and KUPD 98 ROX!

Arizonas Real Rock Radio KUPD 98 Big Red Radio

where did link go?

i got new hard drive so i dont got it anymore its abdonia rite?

they dont work got any recent links????

C:\Docume~1\coulter\locals~1\temp\tempor~2\xcom.exe

C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The System file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

sucks

That's a Windows bug: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767

As for X-Com, just google it. It's all over the place.

Edited by SupSuper

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Distributing copyrighted materials is illegal, and as much as we would all love to do it here, I am sure the forum administrators do not appreciate it. However, UFO is abandonware, meaning that there are probably many places on the internet where it is offered for free, the copyright owners could prosecute the website owner for distributing copyright information, but usually they just ask the administrator to take the content down.

What does this mean for you? Well, if you use Google, you can easily find yourself an illegal copy of UFO, and even TFTD. I am surprised that the admins have not closed this topic, and I salute them for being so tolerant.

EDIT: My bad, apparently X-Com is not abandonware, or maybe I am just confused about the definition of abandonware, most of what I said still applies.

Edited by Brick-To-Face

• 6 months later...
Guest Azrael Strife
Again, X-Com is not abandonware.

yes it is.and the game is at abandonia.com

sois ufo 2000

That does not make it abandonware.

Abandonware refers to a form of computer software that is no longer current. While the term has largely referred to older games, other classes of software are sometimes described as such also. Definitions of "abandoned" vary; generally, it is used to refer to software that (1) is no longer available for legitimate purchase and/or (2) is at least a certain number of years old.

The term has no legal meaning, and much abandonware is not in the public domain, and so cannot be legally copied or distributed without the permission of the owner. Copyrights in the U.S. do not expire until 70 years after the death of the copyright owner, or if the copyright is held by a company (as is often the case with software), 95 years after first publication.[1]

Software companies (like companies in many other industries) change their names, go bankrupt, merge with other companies or cease to be for a variety of reasons. When this happens, the rights of the products are usually transferred to some other company, who may or may not sell or support the software.

Use of the term abandonware is used to make copying software appear legitimate, in the case where the software is still under copyright protection.[2] Some companies actively defend their old copyright, such as WordPerfect and LucasArts. Some companies have released their old work into the public domain. Most companies have not made an active statement either way.

Currently Take 2 has the copyright to X-Com and TFTD is being sold on Steam, IIRC the licence was renewed, so no, it's still not legal to download a pirate copy of X-Com.

And UFO2000 is most certainly not abandonware, as AFAIK, open source games can't be, there's simply no way.