XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Elo Rating

dzi

would You like an ELO rating to be added?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is a great idea. =b

downside is that it makes games a bit more serious because it can affect your rating (=pride :) ).

But more important: it is now very common for games to crash, or your opponent who is losing to exit preliminary. It would taint the results.

Oh, and please, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying about implementing it INTO the game. I'm saying about making a site similar to this one but with ELO rating instead of the one implemented there.

That wouldn't ofcourse make people stay ingame without quitting before end because they would still be able to use whatever nicks they want, but it would work at least for the players who pay attention to their gaming.

So, may I ask who's controlling the ratings page and what does He think about the idea?

I wanted to apologize the person who woted "no" ( ;) ), cause I wanted the ELO rating so much that I contacted lxnt and Serge, got necessary info from Them and changed the rating site a bit so it now shows the ELO rating for each player.

The main problem is that it's counted for games from last 7 days, and that obviously not a "real" ELO (it should be corrected allover the time without "forgetting" previous results). That's the first thing to change.

But for now, please track the counted results if there are no errors in it, if You see something wierd please notify me.

And two more words about "algorithm specific" things. I used the "k" value (see wikipedia) equal to 16 for players with 2400 or more points and equal 32 for those who have less. That seemes fine according to battlenet... The thing that may not be fine is the starting value I used which is 1500. I guess that it would change up to even 2400 or 1200 if the time was long enough but I guess it influences the score a lot. If You guys know anything about choosing start values please let me know too.

Edited by dzi