XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Merry Christmas

Blitzen

Merry Christmas to everyone! Just want to say that I hope to have a special Christmas map done for UFO2000 by New Years. (I am thinking itll be 30-40 tall and 30x30) I'll call it the Christmas tree!

Special thanks to all the UFO2000 programmers and especially the people that made UFO2000 a reality.

I'm also going to use this thread to greet you all a merry X-mas, Yule, Kaliady, Noël, or whatever you may call it and an happy new year :P. Don't drink too much champagne, eat as much as you want and enjoy yourselves!

I can't wait to see that map Blitzen!

Also I made you all a little something out of a Ufo pic I found.

[img]http://e.domaindlx.com/vprenaud/images/other/holidays.png[/img] Edited by nachtwolf

[quote name='nachtwolf' date='Dec 21 2005, 02:38 PM']Also I made you all a little something out of a Ufo pic I found.

[img]http://e.domaindlx.com/vprenaud/images/other/holidays.png[/img]
[right][post="142637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I LOVE IT!!

Half done withthe first 6 levels Edited by Blitzen

[quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 03:42 PM']Sneak peak Levels 1 and 6
[right][post="142639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Aren't the Ufo2000 maps still limited to 4 levels?

[quote name='nachtwolf' date='Dec 21 2005, 05:15 PM'][quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 03:42 PM']Sneak peak Levels 1 and 6
[right][post="142639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[right][post="142647"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Not from what I have been told. I have been told that the size of the map is the size of the map in UFO2000

[quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 10:23 AM'][quote name='nachtwolf' date='Dec 21 2005, 05:15 PM'][quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 03:42 PM']Sneak peak Levels 1 and 6[/quote]
[/quote]

Not from what I have been told. I have been told that the size of the map is the size of the map in UFO2000
[/quote]

Unless you've heard it from Serge, you've been informed incorrectly. Maps on UFO2000 are limited to 4 levels.

And Merry Christmas to all :)

[quote name='Hobbes' date='Dec 21 2005, 08:22 PM'][quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 10:23 AM'][quote name='nachtwolf' date='Dec 21 2005, 05:15 PM'][quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 03:42 PM']Sneak peak Levels 1 and 6[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you've heard it from Serge, you've been informed incorrectly. Maps on UFO2000 are limited to 4 levels.

And Merry Christmas to all :)
[right][post="142659"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

I believe it was serge...

[quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 01:35 PM']I believe it was serge...[/quote]

Hmmm, I kinda doubt that. Either you misunderstood it like Exo2000 or someone else made that claim.

I've made the request for 8 level maps more than a year ago (check this [url="http://ufo2000.lxnt.info/mantis/view.php?id=30"]post[/url] on mantis for details).

However, my opinion concerning 8 level (or higher) maps has changed. If people start making maps that big then 2 things will happen. First the game might turn slower to play, because of the calculations required (you're essentially doubling the map area). Second, the playability (and fun) will be decreased. The problem with such larger maps is the time it takes to move the soldiers, turning games into 2 hour battles with 50 turns...

[quote name='Hobbes' date='Dec 21 2005, 10:03 PM'][quote name='Blitzen' date='Dec 21 2005, 01:35 PM']I believe it was serge...[/quote]

Hmmm, I kinda doubt that. Either you misunderstood it like Exo2000 or someone else made that claim.

I've made the request for 8 level maps more than a year ago (check this [url="http://ufo2000.lxnt.info/mantis/view.php?id=30"]post[/url] on mantis for details).

However, my opinion concerning 8 level (or higher) maps has changed. If people start making maps that big then 2 things will happen. First the game might turn slower to play, because of the calculations required (you're essentially doubling the map area). Second, the playability (and fun) will be decreased. The problem with such larger maps is the time it takes to move the soldiers, turning games into 2 hour battles with 50 turns...
[right][post="142669"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, but I think really tall with small other dimensions would be fun...