XCOMUFO & Xenocide

No Gun Sound Effects. Why?

LDZ

just upgraded and discovered that i cant hear friendly or enemy fire. i can only hear the hit it makes. against a wall or a man. or explodes. but some could multi fire 100 shots from a hidden location and i would never hear the shots being fired.

why is this please?

am i the only one to have this problem?

all other sounds from all other programmes works fine. only ufo has problems.... and only the noise made when any gun is fired.

PLEASE HELP ME.

LDZ

just upgraded and discovered that i cant hear friendly or enemy fire. i can only hear the hit it makes. against a wall or a man. or explodes. but some could multi fire 100 shots from a hidden location and i would never hear the shots being fired.

why is this please?

am i the only one to have this problem?

all other sounds from all other programmes works fine. only ufo has problems.... and only the noise made when any gun is fired.

PLEASE HELP ME.

LDZ

no, you're not the only one with the problem. i have the same issue. Serge asked what weapon set and to report it in the bugtracker, but i'm having issues figuring it out

oh yeah, i was using the ufo2000 weapon set

Edited by the_unfrgiven

the problem seems to be all weapon fire....only thing you can hear is explosives.

Problem reported to bugtracker....now us non-programer types just have to be patient, while the genius's do all the hard work. And by the way, thank you guys for all that hard work. Wish I could do more, but I will do whatever I can.

Edited by the_unfrgiven

A fix for this problem is ready and updated build will be released a bit later. As a workaround, it is possible to change the names of 'sound' directory and *.cat files in it to lowercase.

By the way, we still need some sound effects in *.wav format for use when x-com data files are not available, they might be a good addition for this next build too.

Edited by Serge

A fix for this problem is ready and updated build will be released a bit later. As a workaround, it is possible to change the names of 'sound' directory and *.cat files in it to lowercase.

By the way, we still need some sound effects in *.wav format for use when x-com data files are not available, they might be a good addition for this next build too.

Renaming the files worked wonders....thanks for such a quick fix Serge, you're my hero, actually, all you programmers are my heros, thank you for all the hard work :master: :happygroup:

i did this. and still no joy. i changed the file name to sound. and i believe i changed the cat files in it (cataloge protection??) .and still i can hear nothing. am i the only one left behind??

My problem was switching the name of the file type from .CAT to .cat because of Windows.

The easiest way to have XP show the full name is to open the folder, then click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> scroll down and unselect the option "Hide extensions for known file types"

Edited by Hobbes