XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ufo 2000 Forums

stewart

Post your ideas, comments, and suggestions for the UFO 2000 forums here, in this thread please. The rest of the forums is idea, comments, and suggestions for the game itself.

• 1 month later...
Well I guess I'll be the first one to reply to this thread. Anyway, on with my question. Will there ever be an added feature to allow UFO2000 to be one of the group members we can be in? Or will it always be just Xenocide groups that we can join? Not that I'm saying that is a bad thing...........

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name='Neithan' date='Jul 16 2005, 11:59 AM'][b]Suggestion:[/b]
I wanted to ask if the space for avatar could be changed from 20kB to at least [b]40 kB[/b]...I have some cool avatars, but they are way too big (around 35kB :sorry: ) and i can't apply them now... :Cry:
[b]Pls help:[/b]
I can't change my personal photo...it allways gives me back [b]the first i have uploaded[/b]. I need some :Help: with it.
[right][post="125417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't think that goes here...its not related to ufo2000 in any way. There is a place to ask about this...let me check

Go here to see your post neithan: [url="http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7995&hl="]http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7995&hl=[/url] Edited by Kratos

[quote name='stewart' date='Aug 13 2004, 05:17 PM']Post your ideas, comments, and suggestions for the UFO 2000 forums here, in this thread please.  The rest of the forums is idea, comments, and suggestions for the game itself.
[right][post="90403"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

well Kratos do u still think that it didnt belong here? :huh: but never mind u r the moderator ;)
btw do u think the avatar space will be enhanced?

[quote name='Neithan' date='Jul 16 2005, 03:15 PM'][quote name='stewart' date='Aug 13 2004, 05:17 PM']Post your ideas, comments, and suggestions for the UFO 2000 forums here, in this thread please.  The rest of the forums is idea, comments, and suggestions for the game itself.
[right][post="90403"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

well Kratos do u still think that it didnt belong here? :huh: but never mind u r the moderator ;)
btw do u think the avatar space will be enhanced?
[right][post="125440"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
This place is meant for talking about adding possible forums, possibly renaming certain things, etc. which is talking about how the forum runs. Yes, I believe it should of been moved because the admins wouldn't look here and expect such a question that is related to the "site" and not ufo2000. ;)

avatar space...hmm...i have no clue. Only the admins decide that and I don't know what they will decide. ;) (let's try to move this discussion to the new topic i placed for you ok? ;)

with the xenocide forums and stuff sharing the same space , the forum is cuttered and messy. I never understood some of the topics either (Water cooler , what does it mean? off topic on topic.)

• 1 month later...
Water cooler is a place to talk about the XcomUFO website issues. Think of these forms as several separate forums melded together. The parent site is XcomUFO. Our oldest and largest "tenant" is Xenocide, next is UFO 2k, and the a host of other "tenants". Xenocide and UFO2k are large enough to have sections such as these for suggestions regarding their "sub-tree" of forums.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How about a forum focused on work areas that need to be handled right away, and getting them assigned to individual members, or groups of members.

I've been to mantis, and quite honestly alot of what I saw, I didn't really understand.

Particularly when it came to which issues are resolved, which are in progress,etc.

Some of the issues that I saw looked like they were still open, but they are apparently resolved at some point. For the veterans, it's probably second nature to work from there, but for me(I can't honestly speak for anyone else at this point), it was intimidating to say the least.

I believe that many of the members here probably have no coding experience whatsoever.

Probably just as many have very little to speak of(myself include).

I believe that there is alot of enthusiasm to get involved, even if a user doesn't know how to program.

Surely many members that lack knowledge, do not lack talent.

I know that there are alot of tasks that require solid programming experience, but if the less knowledge-more time related tasks could be delegated to some of us less knowledgeable members, then maybe some of the veterans would have more time to focus on the higher level tasks.

If there is already a forum dedicated to this, then I apologize for wasting thread, and ask that that someone reply and tell me where(I'm not talking about the "ufo2000 I'd like to help" forum). The Idea here is more specific. Although, maybe it could reside there, I don't know.

I know that if tasks were priodically tossed out onto a forum, and the details of the task are pretty specific,

someone will probably take a shot at it.

I know that this concept could open up a can of worms, especially were dependability is an issue,

but ultimately it wouldn't matter if seven people claimed a task, as long as one of them finished it. B)

Edited by MosFet777

Could you explain what you do not undestand from the mantis? Resolved issues are green, closed are gray, pink are normal, and blue are being developed. Not all topics there are revealed to the naked eye you know, such as insane bugs/exploits.

The mantis is pretty much an organizer, not a code dispenser. Anybody can look/change the code and submit a patch at will. Just check our high priority topics, or just because you want to change something. Compilation instructions

If people want something done, they need to report it in the mantis, but that does not mean priority raises because seven people want it. OR they could take task upon themselves. Nobody's holding seven people from working on the same thing, just not very productive.

The Bugs, suggestions, and comments forum is basically a discussion forum for your development topics. All we would be is duplicating that forum.

Edited by Kratos