XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Alien Perspective

prolly been said before, but howzdis...

The aliens arnt here to invade, they're here to build a colony. So they send a fat colony ship with a few dozen sectiod(or floater) mechanics and engineers and a few scout ships. They also pack a few small arms to deal with any dangerous wildlife(perhapse cows resemble the sectiod "boogyman"). they start looking around for prime city sites and are surprized when their ships start disappearing. When a few make it back with tales of organized resistance, the brain sends for better troops, guns and ships. This could explain why you dont get to start with heavy weapons or ships. Now this may have already been discussed and trashed so sorry if it has.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

How about:

You start in a similiar position to XCOM ie with Plasma tech to research instead of Laser. You do not have ANY weapons as yet.

You start with 1 Harvester

5 scouts; 3 medium, two small, NO weapons.

You start with X E115, and you create both E115 and alien alloys via mining on Earth.

You start with 1 base (ie Cydonia) which has:

one ship building facility (4 square)

5 hangars (each can hold the equivalent to 5 medium scouts)

command center (access lift equivalent)

2 living quarters (each can hold 10 aliens)

research facility

engineering facility (1 square)

General stores

Scientist training facility

Cloning facility

You have to research your weapons as well as Alien Alloys and E115. This will slow you down.

You should be able to use ANY ship for ANY mission (except infiltration) but its effectiveness should be reduced or raised accordingly. eg a med scout COULD be used for a terror mission, but you would probably not have enough personnel, but in early game, would make ideal mission due to no craft weapons needed.

You should also ALWAYS be able to make it back, but you would require navigator and engineer on all missions.

Bases on Earth should reduce mission costs (eg E115 useage) and also cut time.

Various aliens should be trained in their appropiate facility (which you have to research and/or build) eg leader facility for leaders etc.

Build times should be days to reduce boredom

Cloning research should give further alien types, but cost LOADS of resources in terms of food.

When conducting harvesting missions, the supplies to be harvested should be specified. eg food, E115 prequisites, Alien alloy materials, or a mixture of them all. As I said earlier, you should be able to increase the resources gained (up to a max level determined by craft type) by staying landed for longer, but you increase the chance of being caught by XCOM.

Engineers need to construct alien alloys as well as E115, and both can only be constructed on Mars. Therefore, to reduce costs, harvesting can be conducted on Earth, and the resources contained in the base, but at some point a Supply ship will need to be called to move the resources to Mars. (cue XCOM)

Supply ships are essentially only able to be used for transporting goods, and you get a 'free' one with any base that is constructed.

Engineers can be used for construction, or on ships.

Well, I think that is all my head has come up with for now.

5 hangars, each capable of holding 5 medium scouts... and two living quarters with 10 aliens each?

I think the living quarters need to be a little bit larger, or the hangars a little bit smaller. I mean, a battleship can easily hold 20-30+ aliens...

I suspect that the aliens will need ALOT of cloning vats to be sucessful. :)

The rest sounds like a good idea. How about a little research tree on infiltrating Earth, and discovering "the real threat" (X-COM)?

i like it, though it does need refining.

i cannnot see why aliens cannot produce alien alloys at human bases. i think only elerium should be that problem.

you should be able to set supply ships on "auto", so you don't need to continuely send them off.

to build a base on earth, you need so-and-so material.

you can't just "build" a base like in x-com. you need the material, and a supply ship.

you don't get a free supply ship, you just get the one back you just used.

x-com should have the same ammount of bases as the aliens have.

you can set a battle agenst x-com on "auto" (i predict many battles as you have to send off many crafts).

i think living quarters should be 50-80 if not more.

also, i've proposed in my Creative text about alien reseach that they have been researching in a long time, and have "found what they seeked". this might be the ingridiences to the elerium 115, since the humans have "no idea how to turn ununpendium 115 into elerium".

but arnt we using xenium?

• 2 weeks later...

I think aliens need to research in the beginning, as someone mentioned the aliens are not prepared for war when they first get to earth, so they have to research plasma rifles etc from the tech they already run their crafts with.

They might also need to get some earth materials to research some of the aliens (snakemen are made partly of snake dna?) at least they prolly have to research a while to make their aliens survive the earth atmosphere...

It would be fun to add the sectopod also, researched from sectoids when aliens realise 2/3 of the world is made out of water and therefor wants something wich can swim.

Does it say what etherals are made of? Ive always thought its humans the aliens picked up and tortured for some years fysically and mentally/psi) until they turned into some kind of "wraiths from space" Could be an idea...

:happybanana: