XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mousectl

Guest Lem3k

Guest Lem3k

Woohoo im not the only fan, i love x-com apocalypse(and all the rest) but now i have windows xp im having problems with it, i've solved most of them but im having a problem with the mouse, i can use mousectl to get it to normal speed but everytime i try to scroll up or left with it, it scrolls the opposite way, i think its to do with the edit line for mousectl in the x-com3 ms-dos batch file, does anyone know the right set of numbers to get the mouse working properly?

Help would be much appreciated guys :)

Guest Lem3k

Thanks, it stutters quite a bit but it gets there, thats the third set of numbers i've tried, if only i could work out what they mean.

Its still a great game though.

Guest Luis Vader
I wan't the step by step guide to run Mousectl to make the mouse srcoll faster. I try to just open it but it seem that is not the right thing to do.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
To make the mouse twice as fast i think you need to double the values in the mousectl line, just remember to come back here for the original values if it doesnt work.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest_Ingeras Kurai_*
hi, i downloaded mousectl and im not sure how to use it. i coped the line and put it into a bat file called apoc.bat. just curious but how does this connect it with xcomapoc.exe file? i'm really unsure as what to do. i can run xcomapoc.exe with vdms and it works fine except that the mouse is insanely slow.

you put these lines in the bat

dosdrv

mousectl.com some values

XCOMAPOC.EXE SKIP

and when you run the batch file it will launch VDMSound (dosdrv) mousectl.com and then xcom apocalypse (skipping the intro, if you want to keep it, remove 'SKIP')