XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Concept Art

Ion

That's an interesting design for the probe Ion. Keep doing what you're doing, submitting concept art for items. The [url="http://www.projectxenocide.com/~artassets/assetlist.html"]Asset List[/url] contains the items we'll be working on, and it contains concept art to date and those who have done it. You can offer up shots of anything in that list, and let me know about items I forgot to put in there. Once we see a concept that's in line with the style guidelines we have. Here are some pointers as to those guidelines:

Basically, the human tech at the start of the game should be ultra modern stuff. Then as we progress through the tech tree the alien influence should be more visible but human items should remain looking like they are feasable ideas that 'could' work on a battlefield. We have to think ultra modern.

Alien tech. Sleek, polished almost organic in it's look and style. This is where the storyline (with ammonites and the whole under the seas aspect) comes into play backing up the artistic direction and style of alien tech. As alien tech doesn't really change throughout the game it should be easier to work concepts up.

More concept art can be found in the workshops for items, and I try to link pictures to the assetlist for concepts that have been discussed some and tweaked by member comments when necessary. I like the idea of the hand print for the probe... we were considering how it would differ from the original, as a polished sphere by itself isn't going to cut it. ^_^