XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Creative Text Writers Post Here

Guest Syntax Error

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a fantasy fiction concept i was working on (later dropped due to lack of workable concepts/incompatible concepts)

its not that good just somthing i brainstormed (was written in about 5 mins)

anyway thanks for the kind words

^_^ sneekysilk

(and the single dl was me just checking it works, post hangover... :( )

(nice anti-hangover cure, well makes me feel better = go frag some ppl on avp2)

new_work.doc

Edited by sneekysilk

Hi, I´m a noob here, but already I´m really impressed with your work. Obviously I´m a X-COM fan, and I wanna help you with this project. I´m spanish and I have thought that I can help you making translations into spanish.

Sorry, I´m #358, I thought that I was logged :D

Sorry, I´m #358, I thought that I was logged :D

Hi ArmazingerZ, please take a good look around http://docs.projectxenocide.com/index.php/CTD:Docs and the documentation site in general to grab an idea of how we do things here :) if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or any other Creative Text Department member, such as kafros or Mad :)

If you wish to become a recruit for the CTD, please PM me a sample of your written work (you can write about anything, sci-fic if possible, you can even write one of the "non-taken" texts in the workshops to show me what you can do :))

Welcome to Project Xenocide.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm very impressed by project Xenocide. I'm an x-com fan.

I don't have programming skills, but i'm good at writting.

So if u need a french translator, please e-mail me, i really want to get involved in this project.

the_simonizerxtreme[at]hotmail.com

Rey_Pistol

blehmedit: just noticed this, may as well be nice and edit the email so crawlers don't get it for spam

Edited by Blehm 98

I wouldn't mind joining CTD either, actually. I do speak fluent Bulgarian (Serriously, I do), although I doubt that'll be an asset at all.

If it's okay with you guys, I'll write a sample on one of the things nobody has taken (Non-taken texts, I think?)

I wouldn't mind joining CTD either, actually. I do speak fluent Bulgarian (Serriously, I do), although I  doubt that'll be an asset at all.

If it's okay with you guys, I'll write a sample on one of the things nobody has taken (Non-taken texts, I think?)

Hehe, well, the Bulgarian might not be needed that soon, but nevertheless, we would be glad to have you aboard. :)

You might not find too many "untaken" CTs, but feel free to take one of the list which hasn't been worked on recently (like in the last year or so). Maybe try the "CTD - X-corps Funding" or the "CTD - Cloak Autopsy". Try to use the previous drafts as rough guideline, and make sure to read the CTD docs.

Once you are pleased with your writing, please PM Azrael with your draft.

Please feel free to PM any active member of the CTD (such as Azrael, kafros or me) if you should have further questions.

Welcome to Project Xenocide! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Most of you probably already know me from the lower part of the website. It's about time I become involved up here too. May I join? :wink1:

Don't think I need to list my credentials, as they are apparent:

• Strong background in most areas of science, mathematics and logic.
  • Dabbled with programming (Basic, Pascal and some assembler) and even took a games and simulations programming course at the local university.
  • Committed to quality in anything I do.
  • Excellent knowledge of X-COM. And if I do not know the answer, I know where to find it.

Above everything else, I am dedicated to the X-COM community and this site. So you will know that I'm not going to fade off into the distance after this post. :)

- Zombie

I probably wouldn't be that useful at writing X-NET entries, but if you lot ever need any short stories for background or anything feel free to slap me. You can find my stuff in the fanfic section if you wish to check out my credentials.

I also have a bit of skill proofreading, editing, and generally messing around with text to get it to flow better.

Edited by FullAuto

I probably wouldn't be that useful at writing X-NET entries, but if you lot ever need any short stories for background or anything feel free to slap me.  You can find my stuff in the fanfic section if you wish to check out my credentials.

I also have a bit of skill proofreading, editing, and generally messing around with text to get it to flow better.

Welcome to the Project FullAuto!

Guest Guest_NoPoet406_*

A few ideas I had a couple of years ago for new aircraft based on existing technology:

EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON

INTERCEPTOR

Capacity : 2 crew

Armour : 120

Speed : 1750mph

Hull : 99

Weapon Systems : 2

Fuel : 1000

On-board radar range: 50km

The Typhoon has been substantially upgraded by Britain’s RAF, incorporating the latest liquid nitrogen cooling as well as more efficient turbo engines to enable it to stay in the air longer. Flight stability at high speed has been uprated which allows a higher cruising velocity. In addition, top speed has been improved. NATO’s latest tracking and targeting systems enable the Typhoon to accurately track most types of UFO.

HELLHAWK

INTERCEPTOR

Capacity : Automated, or 2 crew

Armour : 225

Speed : 3000mph

Hull : 170

Fuel : 1550

On-board detection range: 300km

The Hellhawk is a significant development of traditional military aircraft, based on reverse-engineered alien technology. The engines are supremely efficient and high-speed stability has improved by a quantum leap over previous designs. The aerodynamics are so efficient that very high speeds can be attained with minimal wind friction. On-board radar has been replaced with vastly more potent alien sensor arrays. While still not as manouevrable as many types of alien aircraft, the Hellhawk (often simply called the "Hawk") gives X-Com a fighting chance to resist alien incursion.

FIRESTORM

INTERCEPTOR

Capacity : Automated, or 1 crew

Armour : 200

Speed : 4200mph

Hull : 320

Fuel : 1500

On-board detection range: 300km

An extremely potent air-to-air interceptor capable of heavy combat duties. Extremely high speeds can be reliably attained and a low-level structural integrity field holds the hull together upon weapon impacts. The trade-off is increased energy consumption, limiting the Firestorm to relatively short-ranged interception.

Guest Guest

My idea was to slowly build up the technology of X-Com (or in the case of my game system, the Global Defence Network) so that progression feels natural. you don't suddenly jump from using crap weapons to being able to lay waste to everything that stands before you.

I'd like to suggest that in Xenocide, technological advancement is better paced. For example, in Terror From the Deep I often find myself researching technology that outdates stuff I haven't even developed yet: what's the point in bothering to research gauss weaponry when I've just captured ten sonic rifles? Or, worse, researching all three types of armour straight after the other, making standard Ion armour and Plastic suits completely worthless. Or getting the Leviathan before I can even finish building a single Manta. Or...

See what I mean? ^_^

I made the post under the name of "guest". I forgot to give myself a temporary name. I will indeed apply for this project, which happens to be the most impressive fan-made project since 5 Year Mission.

I can't program or draw, but I am a fairly good writer. I'd like to write UFOPaedia entries if possible, and/or help to build the storyline.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Now that I finally ran the game, maybe I can give ideas/comments. Times like this (when ufo2000 is slow) I will be more active, but when ufo2k is booming I will be making it my #1 priorty resulting in less activity here.

If you are looking for credentials, check here

Edited by Kratos

Now that I finally ran the game, maybe I can give ideas/comments. Times like this (when ufo2000 is slow) I will be more active, but when ufo2k is booming I will be making it my #1 priorty resulting in less activity here.

If you are looking for credentials, check here

Hi Kratos - and welcome to Project Xenocide! :)

I will have a look at your credentials later this day! Will PM you shortly.

I just read about this project via the OCR forums and would be interested in either the Creative Text Writer or Sound Designer positions.

I graduted from the Savannah College of Art Design with a BFA in Game Design & Interactivity. My art skills are very poor, but I can write text, compose music, do video/audio editing, and project manage.

Sample text? Hmm... Haven't played X-Com in a while, but here comes some improvised writing off the top of my head.

*** POSSIBLE CUT-SCENE CONCEPT***

EXT. FIELD -- DUSK

A OLD FARMER tends his field at dusk, preparing the last of the crops. We see his farm off in the distance, with the porch light illuminating a bit of the scene.

His 8 year old DAUGHTER runs out onto the porch, calling for her father.

DAUGHTER: You gonna come in any time soon, Daddy?

The OLD FARMER raises his Scythe as he chops down some more wheat from the field.

OLD FARMER: In a minute, dear...

OLD FARMER pauses to catch his breath.

Out of nowhere, a LASER rips through the field, hitting the OLD FARMER right in the chest. The LASER burns off layers of flesh and muscle, exposing a burned rib cage with a still-beating heart inside.

OLD FARMER collapses to the ground, impaling himself on his own Scythe. He is quite clearly dead.

We see something rustling through the fields towards the Farm.

DAUGHTER runs out in the field.

DAUGHTER: That you, Daddy?

Another LASER rips through the field and blasts DAUGHTER in the head, splattering brain and bone onto the ground. She slams down, dead.

The figure reveals itself as the CLASSIC X-COM ALIEN-- big head, black eyes, frail body. It aims its LASER GUN at the camera and delivers a full blast.

The XENOCIDE logo materializes onto the screen as we hear rocking title screen music.

--

Any thoughts on the sample?

Hi DJ Mega Mat X!

Again, welcome to Project Xenocide! :)

Unfortunately we are not writing scripts for cutscenes at the moment. But if you are interested in writing UFOpaedia (we call it XNet) entrys, please feel free to PM me with a fictional sample entry for the XNet. You might want to have a look at the Active: Creative texts subforum.

Edited by Mad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shinryuu

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, and I just discovered you have a staff slot for a writer. !?!.

A talent I possess could contribute to this project!

I am a verbose and literarily dextrous english native speaker from Australia, and the idea of being able to help out Project Xenocide in any way, shape or form makes me all tingly inside.

I am also very familiar with the Xcom series, and a huge fan of the original (TFTD was good, but apocalypse wasn't that great).

If you have a list of tooltips, descriptions or dialogue that needs writing, simply set me up with a copy and I'll get started right away.

You can contact me at Shinryuu (at) iinet (dot) net (dot) au.

(I should probably sign up to the forum as well, but excitement got the better of me :P)

Edit Mad: Edited email address to prevent email spiders from getting anything.

Edited by Mad

Mad the CTD Leader will contact you very soon. Take a look the Xenocide planning pdf so you can know where we are standing in the CTD area.

Details here: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...=0entry151914

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

• 1 month later...

I know spanish and i want to help in this proyect, i ll do my best.

i can help with some ideas :P , i have some ideas of ufos, weapons and others alien stuffs things.

Bueno escribo en castellano.. me encataria participar en este proyecto y apoyar en lo que se pueda, realmente me encanto el juego X-COM y me gustaria mucho aportar un poco para esta version.

Tengo muchas ideas e historias para ver si les pueden ser utiles en este episodio de X-COM. Espero ser de gran ayuda.

Saludos.

Escriban pronto

Jose Luis A.

I know spanish and i want to help in this proyect, i ll do my best.

i can help with some ideas :P , i have some ideas of ufos, weapons and others alien stuffs things.

Hi Awxz, and welcome to Project Xenocide!

We are always in need of talented writers for our department. Unfortunatly at this time, we have not started translating the game into different languages. However, if you would like to write entries for our X-Net, you are more then welcome to join us! Please read the CTD recruiting procedures.

If you have any questions left, please don't hesitate to PM me any time.

I hope to hear from you very soon! :)

Edit: Sorry, I was in a little hurry, please consider the Links posted in my answer to McGeary's application. Thanks!

Regards

Mad

Edited by Mad

Welcome to Project Xenocide McGeary!

It would be good to have you aboard! Please make yourself familiar with our way of working (Have a look at the Workshops), read some texts to get a feeling for Xenocide. I would recommend a look at our "Warehouse" where you can find old "Xenocidish"-works, wich haven't made it into the game.

If you want to apply as recruit, please read the CTD recruiting procedures. A document wich might help you writing your application CT are the CTD docs on our Wiki.

If you have any questions left, please don't hesitate to send me a PM!

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon! :)

Greetings

Mad

Guest Azrael
Welcome to Project Xenocide McGeary!

It would be good to have you aboard! Please make yourself familiar with our way of working (Have a look at the Workshops),  read some texts to get a feeling for Xenocide. I would recommend a look at our "Warehouse" where you can find old "Xenocidish"-works, wich haven't made it into the game.

If you want to apply as recruit, please read the CTD recruiting procedures. A document wich might help you writing your application CT are the CTD docs on our Wiki.

If you have any questions left, please don't hesitate to send me a PM!

I'm looking forward to hear from you soon! :)

Greetings

Mad

*Me thinks Mad should start copying/pasting his replies :P

• 2 weeks later...
I'm finally ready to get back in, i've been holding back my creative side for a while, so yeah...

Blehm, I will PM you as soon as I find the time. Sorry, I'm a bit busy atm. How about you look at the BUGS, grab an unassigned CT and write a draft, let's say until today 22:00 GMT and PM me with it? Is that possible?

i guess that was half an hour ago sorry about that

I was busy all morning setting up this school event so yeah...

i'll send one to you anyway