XCOMUFO & Xenocide

There's More To Cydonia....

How about in keeping with the flavor of the original, you keep the general concept of taking the fight to the aliens on Mars but instead of a 2 part scenario....how about a several part final mission a la X-com Apoc.

Here's the general synopsis.

Part 1: Gather the best X-corp has to offer as far as soldiers, weaponry, etc. Remember to stock up and go poddy before you leave! Fly to Cydonia, make planetfall, clear landing area and set-up a covert mini-base of ops. small pockets of resistance. fairly easy.

Part 2: Mini-base can only use living, stores, mini-research, mini-engineering, detection, not radar, minimal defense. Gain access to farminig or living areas....disable and capture suspects for further intel.

Part 3. access manufacturing and try to disable/sabotage

part 4. Try to raid large living areas to catch particular suspects for further intel.

Part 5. Sabotage a Comm center or else the aliens make a call back home for re-inforcements.

part 6. destroy advanced research and manufacturing

part 7. defend mini-base or risk losing it all. could possibly be part 4-6 too.

part 8. storm the inner sanctum of the base and find this overmind and end this !@#$%

part 9. Plant the explosive charges and Run the gauntlet to get back to the ship and head home.

Would make Cydonia MUCHO interesting!!!

• 2 months later...
I don't know why they just don't send a nuke down the elevator shaft. Or planetary bombardment. Just because the aliens choose not to use weapons of mass destruction doesn't mean we can't. But I guess that is off topic. Ummmm I think cydonia needs some work, but not 10 full missions to destroy it. Too much. I say more surface fighting, and a much larger base.

• 3 weeks later...