XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Live Aliens

youngStar

If you are playing Dos ver you can use Alien Containment editor which you can found here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~xcom/x1f2.shtml

Just delete them.

If you have Collectors Edition Win version you could try Xcom Hack ver 2.45 found here:

http://www.stonepool.com/xcom/

With it you can only change them into other races or specialities.

Ros

Live aliens are stored in containment. Corpses are stored in stores (icky, I know).

I don't understand how the game stores units in containment, but I'm told that you can have 10 aliens of each race in storage. The only way to clear the useless aliens (apart from using a third-party game editor) is to research each and every one of them.

Stunning everything in sight can be a useful strategy (especially against large terror units). But you really don't want to end up researching hundreds of useless soldier class aliens just to empty your containment when you only want one navigator, one leader and a commander. So when you do stun an alien, walk up to it, inspect its body, and if it's a soldier or some other alien you already have, drop a grenade or fire type of explosive on its body (remove the equipment first - or move the body and then blast it).

- NKF

Edited by NKF

I'm told that you can have 10 aliens of each race in storage.

i have over 15 sectoids so i guess thats not right, but helpfull post. thanks

building a second alien containment now in my 4th base to dump some of them, need the storage in main base.

Edited by youngStar

Well, most of the ships should have them (except the small scout). It's hard to tell as they all look the same, but once you've got the mind probe, or have really powerful psi-skills and a psi-amp, you can check each alien until you find them.

Until then, the only way to find out it to stun them and examine their body. Sectoid leaders also have psi-abilities, so if you are on a sectoid mission and are getting psied (and perhaps a month or two into the game), then there's a leader out there somewhere.

- NKF

All through this afternoon, you and I have been battling back and forth for the most recent post, it feels like. Eh, Paladin? It's. . .strange. . .wierd. . .cool!

after you finish research project on live alien, one of them is killed. in the file with all text data (language.dat) there even is a string 'subject died due to the trauma of interrogation' or something like that, but it is not used.

if you want to kill'em all, you have to research them one by one.

Edited by quantifier