XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Help

Adun_Toridas

If a battleship (a base ship or infiltrator one) lands and i attack it with my skyranger before leaving... (on the ground) Does it complete it´s mission, even if destroyed in the ground?

It shouldn't, if it's alone, but I think at some point the game is trying to force to you finish the game by cutting your finances. In short, send you ship to Cydonia

Well, I have foiled their plans before by attacking them before they take off, if that's of any inication.

But then there are times when it just didn't do a thing.

- NKF

Well, I have foiled their plans before by attacking them before they take off, if that's of any inication.

But then there are times when it just didn't do a thing.

- NKF

This is not usually your style. Inication instead of indication?

By the way, how come you're only a recruit? By the date you joined and by the amount of messages, I guess you should have been Stewart's right hand by now :huh?:

I always type my reply after I've posted my reply. Well, I tend to revise my posts after I get my main ideas down - you just caught me before I noticed my mistake. :) (actually I edit my posts just a bit too much these days)

As for my 'recruit'manship thingamimbob, haven't a clue. It doesn't bother me too much though. I'm not as reliable as you might think I am. No really, I'm not. ;)

- NKF

Edited by NKF

I always type my reply after I've posted my reply. Well, I tend to revise my posts after I get my main ideas down - you just caught me before I noticed my mistake.  :) (actually I edit my posts just a bit too much these days)

As for my 'recruit'manship thingamimbob, haven't a clue. It doesn't bother me too much though. I'm not as reliable as you might think I am. No really, I'm not. ;)

- NKF

No kidding, you're not reliable... well, pay us a visit in the Creative Text Department and show some unreliability with your ideas, I bet they'll be useful :)

NKF is a recruit because he only posted in the Recruitment Center, but hasn't worked in any department yet :), if he did I'm sure he'd make it to full member in no time.

If a battleship (a base ship or infiltrator one) lands and i attack it with my skyranger before leaving... (on the ground) Does it complete it´s mission, even if destroyed in the ground?

I think the answer to this question depends on what the difficulty level you are playing at. It also may have to do with how far into the game you are.

I have been able to prevent those sorts of missions from succeeding by wiping out all the ships which show up. However, further into the game it's usually a futile effort.

Recently, I was fooling around with a game where the aliens built a base in Brazil. Since I knew when the base was going to be built, I reloaded the game to an earlier point in time, then sent out a patrol ship. All of a sudden, POP! There is an alien base. Then the base building ships showed up. It never even gave me a chance to do something about it!

I don't care how retroactive you are in dealing with missions such as this. Your intentions could be completely honorable by doing some preventative scans of an area, just to be on the safe side. However, if the game pre-decided the outcome for you in advance, there is nothing that can be done. I just accept the outcome. :(