XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Uk

Cubik

[url="http://www.x-com.co.uk/"]x-com.co.uk[/url]

A very interesting site, they have a forum that is almost as big as ours, and they have a "Fan Ideas" section in their forum.

I think that we should do some promoting for ourselfs here, I haven't done since I think that it's up to the project leaders' to decide.

Surely they have know about the site, I have known about them for about as long as I have known about this site, like 6 months. They say the page started back in January 2001.

[quote name='Anglachel' date='Jun 4 2003, 12:55 AM']They know about us and got a good review in this [url="http://www.x-com.co.uk/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=666"]post.[/url][/quote]
"Go to [url="http://www.xcomufo.com"]http://www.xcomufo.com[/url] and check out their remake of X-COM, called "Xenocide". Thier Geoscape looks godly. [b]If your Geoscape doesn't look as godly as that one then... you should either wait for Xenocide to come out or make a bad donkey game! "[/b]

i like that!!
it means you guys are making an excellent JOB in Xeno :D :beer: :beer:

about xcom.co.uk ive known this site since i had problems with my apoc. since i managed to fix my mouse ,sound and made the game run. i went back rarely. i check the forums and leave.

"If your Geoscape doesn't look as godly as that one then... you should either wait for Xenocide to come out or make a bad donkey game!"

Heh, it's always fun to hear people say nice things about projects you are working on.

I'm just wondering why we have don't have a link pointing here from their site. As I said, there seems to be lots and lots of people who loves X-Com gatherd there. A link could perhaps snare in a few unsuspecting souls.... MOHAAAHAHAHAH :devillaugh: . Edited by Cubik

• 4 weeks later...
[quote]That is an interesting question, and there is a sordid and dark history to the reasons there is not a link either from there to here, or from here to there....[/quote]
So what is this story? And don't make me go ask them for their version!!

Gold

[quote name='Cubik' date='Jul 17 2003, 10:53 PM']Heh, just check the member list.[/quote]
Yes, but what then?? You just sort on post count, 100/page, count the amount of pages and when you come to the last one you count all the remaining ones??
that still takes way to much time :hammer:

[quote name='GreatGold' date='Jul 17 2003, 05:03 PM'][quote]That is an interesting question, and there is a sordid and dark history to the reasons there is not a link either from there to here, or from here to there....[/quote]

Gold [/quote]
I'll continue to plead the 5th in any public forum.....

Nope, but give it a few more days and we'll crack the barrier and go where no other xcom forum has gone before: 800+ members.

Stewart, think we'll make a 1000 members by December? That would be a great tribute to the lasting appeal of xcom. Edited by JWH

Maybe but no guarantees though. Xcom uk has been going for years now, I'm sure most of our members are most of their members too. Now that we more-or-less have the same number of members we'll see how our growth goes from here. On the other hand that is only 200 more and about 6 months to do it, so maybe.

yeah, i think that we are both drawing from the same pool of xcom lovers. I see that some persons are active in both grous and i'm sure that there are quite a few persons who i can't pick up because they use different names when posting in the two groups But it would be nice to reach a thousand by year end. Kind of like a christmas present.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='GreatGold' date='Jul 17 2003, 05:03 PM'][quote]That is an interesting question, and there is a sordid and dark history to the reasons there is not a link either from there to here, or from here to there....[/quote]

Gold [/quote]
It has to do with alleged "services", claimed by some, that this site used to provide. XcomUK was viewed by some as the official unofficial site for the Xcom games. As such it could not "advertise" any sites suspected of providing those alleged services.

Since, this site clearly does not provide those alleged services, though, it is not clear why there is no link to this site from there at this time. The reasons for why this may be so I'll leave to the rumour mills.

How's that Micah?

:LOL:
the first one that showed up when searching for 'xcomufo' is stewart posting his map 'editor' there.

but what did YOU search mice? Because I don't seem to see any 'snippets' there... Edited by j'ordos

[quote name='stewart' date='Aug 8 2003, 12:21 PM'][quote name='GreatGold' date='Jul 17 2003, 05:03 PM'] [quote]That is an interesting question, and there is a sordid and dark history to the reasons there is not a link either from there to here, or from here to there....[/quote]

Gold [/quote]
It has to do with alleged "services", claimed by some, that this site used to provide. XcomUK was viewed by some as the official unofficial site for the Xcom games. As such it could not "advertise" any sites suspected of providing those alleged services.

Since, this site clearly does not provide those alleged services, though, it is not clear why there is no link to this site from there at this time. The reasons for why this may be so I'll leave to the rumour mills.

How's that Micah? [/quote]
I would agree with what you have said, but within this sordid history of relations, you have to toss in a hoax, the impersonation of a popular software development company, legal threats, public public censorship, denial of complicity, "Tammy's Love Nest," and general British arrogance :sly: That about sums it up.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='miceless' date='Aug 10 2003, 10:28 AM'][quote name='Micah' date='Aug 10 2003, 10:30 AM'] ...and general British arrogance[/quote]
Hmmm, whats that? Were not snobs, we're above that. :D [/quote]
U can't be arrogant without being a snob?

[quote name='Micah' date='Aug 10 2003, 09:30 AM']I would agree with what you have said, but within this sordid history of relations, you have to toss in a hoax, the impersonation of a popular software development company, legal threats, public public censorship, denial of complicity, "Tammy's Love Nest," and general British arrogance  :sly:  That about sums it up.[/quote]
Hmmm...? I know about those first things, but "Tammy's Love Nest"? What's that about? :)