XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Closing Research Screen= Close to Desktop

I'm having yet another problem with TFTD CE. After Research is complete for the Aquatoid Medic, I click the ok button to close the screen and the damn game closes every time!. I had researched Aquatoid Squad Leader prior to. I have 3 other earlier saves to fall back on if need be. I'm only using the Collector's Edition Video bug and Sound fix. Help is greatly appreciated!.

Edit: I've gotten past the issue, I canceled the research for the Aquatoid Medic and researched Aquatoid instead. Once completed, I was able to click ok and continue. I then went on to research Aquatoid Medic and was able to continue once again when completed.

Edited by Sectoid Scientist

Maybe that first Medic gave you intel on some alien race that is not present in your game installation and that crashed your game. As far as I remember, if you reload a save before a Medic research is completed, that research may give you another result, another alien race. If this is true, and if after some save-reloading the game crashes, then the problem is in installation (some alien race is missing).

Those are just the graphic images for them.

What's happening is the game is trying to reveal a race that doesn't exist, and somehow this is causing a memory leak or somet other thing that the computer doesn't like that results in the game crashing to prevent anything serious from happening. It's a bug from UFO, which I didn't realise was still present in TFTD.

I'd suggest you research all the other aliens first and leave the medics until the very end.

- NKF

Edited by NKF