XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Timeframe will Xenocide take place

Perhaps I’m thick in the head but I’ve been looking around and I can’t find the actual date that this game is set!

Is it set after 2080 after apocalypse?

Is it set before?

Is it a rip-off of the original and set in 1999?

Personally I think given the X-com time line, the game should be set in 2110 or later.

Look, I’m in no real position to dictate anything.

PLEASE will some one tell me when the game is set!

[email protected]

Edited by RustedSoul

I think there are 3 possiblilities (at least as I understand it):

1 ) Same ol' same ol' -1999

2 ) 2012? I think to coincide with the end-of-the-world as predicted by the mayan calendar.

3 ) Whatever your computer clock says right now when you hit "New Game".

I thought that it might have been good if it was set 25 or 50 years after the end of Alien War 1, as the celebrations began. But I think that this could be better....

so if it is inspired by the original is it going to be part of the time line or is it basicly a modern remake of X-com 1

I like the idea of you computer clock +50 but it could cause some problems if the game is going to be intergrated in to a set of games.

GTG

Ok. that a good idea.

but i'd like to know the date cause i'm writing for x-net and i want to know if i can refer to the original 4 X-com games as the past.

For example i'm writing the entary for the pistol and i said the one of the earlier versions failed and the elerium-115 power cell exploded killing the solder.

i need to know if i can refer to stuff from the other games.

elerium-115 core failing

:explode:

The idea AFAIK is that Xenocide will be parallel to the originals. That means that you cant refer to them in texts. I could be wrong here...

I would suggest you right the things as if it were a few years from now. You can really go too far wrong from there.