XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-COM MOVIE!

POCTheSainT

Hello,

I am with a small independent film company called Boba Fett Films

We are currently in pre-production of a X-COM Movie

I know there are alot of questions you probably want to ask. So I ask that you head over to Last Hope Mod first. The movie has been disscussed there alot. Including script ideas.

www.lasthopemod.com

So any questions you have, has probably been already answered in the general disscussion area and also at our website.

www.angelfire.com/film/bobafettfilms

We think its wonderful what your doing with the X-COM remake. More power to you!

We'll support you in any way we can

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me

[email protected]

Thank you for your time

POCTheSainT
BobaFettFilms

To address the movie sucking issue

I have three remarks:

1.)Independent Film

2.)Any X-COM fan will absolutely love it

3.)And if they dont like it, So what! We had a blast making it!

Also a pic of the X-COM rifle should be up on the site soon. I just saw it today! It looked GREAT!

www.angelfire.com/film/bobafettfilms

[quote name='POCTheSainT' date='Oct 27 2002, 03:15 AM']:Sorry for the double post. I didnt think this thing posted... wierd.. =/

To address the movie sucking issue

I have three remarks:

1.)Independent Film

2.)Any X-COM fan will absolutely love it

3.)And if they dont like it, So what! We had a blast making it!

Also a pic of the X-COM rifle should be up on the site soon. I just saw it today! It looked GREAT!

www.angelfire.com/film/bobafettfilms[/quote]
:LOL: yup that is the right attitude to take. So yal using 3d models to make the film?

Guest stewart
Well we do hope you can pull it off. On the other hand I'm sure the people who made Armegeddon (that asteriod movie with Bruce Willis) thought they were making an excellent movie too.

[quote name='Stewart' date='Oct 28 2002, 04:37 PM']Well we do hope you can pull it off.  On the other hand I'm sure the people who made Armegeddon (that asteriod movie with Bruce Willis) thought they were making an excellent movie too.[/quote]
:P dang stewart :) you sure have a negative attitude. then again armegeddon was a bad movie. :)

Guest stewart
[quote name='gangsta' date='Oct 28 2002, 02:42 PM'][quote name='Stewart' date='Oct 28 2002, 04:37 PM']Well we do hope you can pull it off.  On the other hand I'm sure the people who made Armegeddon (that asteriod movie with Bruce Willis) thought they were making an excellent movie too.[/quote]
:P dang stewart :) you sure have a negative attitude. then again armegeddon was a bad movie. :)[/quote]
I'm not trying to be negative or a pain, but it will suck if this movie sucks. Now that I hear it's an independant production, how big of a budget does it have? I should think that special effects cost money and that XCOM would require them in bucketfulls. Or is this going to be a computer thing with CG characters?

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_POCTheSainT_Why don't
X-COM Preview nears completion.... Expect a preview ready for download sometime in the second week of this month....

Also, we will be needing a server that will be able to handle all the downloads that will take place, if XTC, LastHope, XCOMUFO or anybody else wants to offer some web space that would be really awesome! Because Im pretty sure angelfire cant handle the preview size and bandwidth....

-Thanks

[url="http://www.angelfire.com/film/bobafettfilms"]BobaFettFilms[/url]

[quote name='Guest_POCTheSainT_Why don't' date='Jan 3 2003, 05:10 AM']X-COM Preview nears completion.... Expect a preview ready for download sometime in the second week of this month....

Also, we will be needing a server that will be able to handle all the downloads that will take place, if XTC, LastHope, XCOMUFO or anybody else wants to offer some web space that would be really awesome! Because Im pretty sure angelfire cant handle the preview size and bandwidth....

-Thanks

[url="http://www.angelfire.com/film/bobafettfilms"]BobaFettFilms[/url][/quote]
I have a server with 200mb free and lots of available bandwidth, if you'd like to upload the preview to the server. Drop me an email at [email protected]

-Micah

hey, bobafettfilms :)

If you want, I could provide you a sub-domainname and webspace. No ad-banners and such stuff.

Just normal and professional webspace.
mail me at [email protected] if you want more. I, for myself, want to know more about you.

I could give you something like bobafettfilms.shiningdeath.de. You are free to choose any sub you desire (but only one sub, please...they cost me money also, LOL).

Some pages of me:
www.yachtseite.de
www.shiningdeath.de
cgi.shiningdeath.de (under construction)
buttons.shiningdeath.de (under construction).
and some more....but I have just not the time.

HOLY CRAP. The thing I LOVE about your site is you guys pre-load everything so I dont have to wait after iv downloaded it. IV alwasy thought this was such a good idea. Finally IV SEEN IT BEEN DONE, sorry, its just such a good idea in my opinion. Though my opinion doesn't count for much as some would say.

Guest Guest_POCTheSainT_Why don't
Hey sorry I havent visited any sooner than now

Thanks so much for the webspace everybody...

But its looking like XTC is going to help out... but I may ask some of you all for mirrors...

Thanks once again!!

-POCSainT

Oh this is so like Stewart. :alienlol:

But hey, if it's x-com, we're right behind it. I'm not good for much, being a spoiled brat of a bunny and all, but just holler if ya need anything.

Hmm... And yeah, please don't make it all armageddon-y. And make the lead character HOT! (USE LARA CROFT! USE LARA CROFT! USE CAPTAIN JANEWAY! oh dammit, where did that come from...)

Oh, and what are you gonna use to make it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Jim69
Just 1 thing I have learnt from my surfing dayz. Flash=Shite. Just some advice 4 the web page. Dunno bout ne1 else, but 4 me it is just irritating, normal HTML works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a long post here but it got deleted when I accidentally hit ctrl-x or ctrl-W or something. Suffice it to say that there's no way this movie could have not sucked, and there's no way ANY X-COM movie can be true to the source material, actually get made, and not suck.

I think the best way to do X-COM is a computer-animated TV series like [b]Roughnecks: Starship Trooper Chronicles[/b]. 26 episodes for X-COM 1, 13 for the Elerium Wars and such, 26 for Terror from the Deep. With a movie, you get 120 minutes to tell the story of an entire war. With a 26-episode season at 22 minutes per episode you get 572 minutes. This means you can not only show more, but have more characters (and have more characters die), which will really drive home to the viewer that it's a war, something I doubt you could do in a movie.

[quote name='Micah' date='Jun 28 2003, 11:48 AM']I don't remember if it was mentioned above, but the xcom movie was scrapped. A CG series would be cool....[/quote]
I'm aware that it was scrapped, it's just that people were getting really hyped up about a project that, first off, would almost assuredly never be completed or even really started, and secondly would have a 100% guranteed chance of sucking.

[quote name='c4t' date='Jun 30 2003, 06:37 PM']possibly a cat.[/quote]
or maybe a cat getting shot at with those rifles .. all that caught on tape!:blink:

[url="http://www.hosstyle.com/Goofy%20shit/images/godkillssmall.jpg"]Please, think of the kittens.[/url]

awww, look at the sad kitten, its so cute. liked it so much i changed it to my avatar, it makes me laugh every time !

• 2 months later...
:cussing: You have to jocking right. Don't take such a great game an turn it into crap. I've seen may people out there taking such a sweet game and F@##$ing it up. Leave X-com as is don't mix it with Star trek Or starship troopers.... come on.
:devillaugh: X-com 1 and 2 are the best 3-6 are the :cussing: crap i've seen in a long time.
X-com Moveis.... :spank:

What? What xenocide movie?
And, making an xcom movie would be good if it was made by a big production studio like 20th century fox or paramount or something. Unfourtnatly this is unlikely. :crying: