XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Note To Proofreaders -take Two!

Guest Azrael Strife

I had to reopen this topic, sadly all our previous posts have AC'ed as well, which is what I wanted to avoid, that's mainly the purpose of this thread.

Now let's get to work. All texts required for Alpha 6 that were in proofreading have been finished, very good work everyone :), Grey and Artopod are still in active but nearing completion. I'll post more texts now and assign them, it is most likely that I won't be around for some time, so I expect you to carry out work without me breathing down your necks, I'll post two texts for each of you, me included.

Qonfused, I've used your heading for Vengeance ..../NewGeneration/Vengeance, keep it for the Eclipse, and I'll modify the Starfire.

EDITED BY: RED KNIGHT (THE WHOLE THREAD)

Edited by red knight

Because you haven't been pacient, check now :)

One more note, Metric System, i've seen some of the other systems around, if you can make the conversions, scientific reports always use metric, and so do I :P

Glad to see the whole gang together.... ehm, I better post something work-related, or the whole thread might go missing again for saying that... Good work, with these texts we conclude Phase One of my master plan :)

Just a note guys, but if multiple versions of the same thing come about, then proofread them both - preferably the same person. Then, when it comes to the crunch, phase two will merge them, or one will get preference. Thank you for your attention, we will now return you to regular broadcast - 'Azrael's news'....

• 2 weeks later...
Texts for Alpha 6 have been completed and uploaded into the Issue Tracker. I'll take out these texts in short, please get over with them *looks at Hailfire* :)

Texts for Alpha 6 have been completed and uploaded into the Issue Tracker. I'll take out these texts in short, please get over with them *looks at Hailfire* :)

Ok, ok, I got it done. My AP english class is pretty tough (lot's of essays to write). The up side is that I can make a 5 paragraph paper in less than 40 minutes! Imagine how good of a CT I could make now.... :hmmm:

:innocent: and i work upon pure creativity... i have to right a newspaper article about project xenocide in hopes of drawing more recruits :) hmmm, i guess even my teacher said i can right really good though...

Good work, I'll review them today, closing all topics.

With these we're concluding Phase 1, as these are all the texts that were available for proofreading, further plans will be developed shortly.

Edited by Azrael

Welcome back from the land of sun and sand.

I'm still here, and will keep watching this forum for more proofreading to be done... I don't watch a lot of the other forums though (I stay busy) (except possibly programming), so if it isn't here, I won't see it!

I'll post the texts again, proofread by me, as I made many modifications and will leave them there for 1 day, in case there are no further comments I'll mark them as finished.

And no, no pretty colors to notice my changes more easly, I have had a couple of busy days and proofread them in word, so I didn't even bother, besides, changes were numerous, so you'll have to work a little.

hmmm, so do i have to proofread them again? oh well. and, the colors aren't too bad, just type out and then type out its ending statement, i've done that so many times it is quite easy to do

I've had a lot to do these days blehm, and 11 texts to proofread is a lot to do, I didn't even bother to type that, as sometimes I did, you don't have to proofread it again, just post if you think something is wrong.

New texts to proofread, no assignments this time, I want to see you working as a team.

As always, check for grammar/spelling/funny sentences, no rewrites unless the situation calls for it (a very very funny sounding sentence). Check for new names, headings, layouts. Check for coherency. Grab the latest text and proofread.

One week deadline, buckle up.

Edited by Azrael

Sheeesh, Az CRACK that whip!! :D :whip:

GO GUYS GO!!

I have told Azrael that I will reproofread ALL the texts in one weekend, which I expect he thinks is either unfeasible or mad....so the sooner you guys finish doing them, the sooner we can see who is right...

I can't think of a better incentive than that! Come and get dipstick to kill himself proofreading!!

ROLL UP ROLL UP!!

NOW WORK!

:paperwork:

Sheeesh, Az CRACK that whip!! :D  :whip:

GO GUYS GO!!

I have told Azrael that I will reproofread ALL the texts in one weekend, which I expect he thinks is either unfeasible or mad....so the sooner you guys finish doing them, the sooner we can see who is right...

I can't think of a better incentive than that!  Come and get dipstick to kill himself proofreading!!

ROLL UP ROLL UP!!

NOW WORK!

:paperwork:

I thought it would be better to have all the team do the work rather than just one person alone, if you feel like proofreading your help will be very appreciated, but please post in this forum along with the rest of the team for now.

Don't worry dip, there will come the moment when there will only be you, RS and me working in the texts :)

*nods head*

i can only proofread today, and then after that probably can't help much at all

Azrael, put dippy in charge of half the CTDs and let him do them all 3 times

Nah, I have a personal commitment with this, wanna see it from the beginning to the end.

More texts, as usual, only grammar, spelling, etc.

Sorry I haven't yet checked the already posted texts, I will next week, this thursday I have my exam so I'll have time to do some cleanup around here, worry not! :)

Proofread proofread!! :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Az,

I will be on vacation for the next week. I will try to get to looking at a few texts today, but my time is pretty tight also. So most likely it will be next week late before I can proof any more texts.

Rock on with your bad selves while I'm gone!! :rock:

Ok then, enjoy your vacations :)

I'll move the remaining complete texts, take your time, if you want I'll probably be more around in about 10 days, but I'll leave them here for anyone who wants to feast on them :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Azrael
Sorry guys I haven't been able to help much around, I had my first mid-term today, Geometry and Linear Algebra 1, studied all week and finished last night after 9 straight hours of reading that darn book and making exercises, went pretty well I think (hope). I'll try to catch up with the threads I already closed :) Physics 1 and Calculation 1 coming up, I think not as hard as these, after this next week I should be more open.

Well, I could say the same really :)

Let me see, French Oral went ok on Fri, but very shortly I will be indundated with exams :D Every subject I do has at least two exams :D All coming up within the next month or so.

After that, well, work experience, and finally holidays, (while working), but when the holidays arrive, I will switch up a few gears and get a rockin'!

You have had Astanayaxing, and Azraelation, but can you withstand the full might of dipstick's lethal attack? I think not. LOL

You had better be a'watchin' this space guys!

(Oh, and keep proofreading/creating those texts!!)

For me, yes, for Az no - I think he started in March, but I could be wrong.

The end is in sight, just barely, well, a pinprick of light - for me :D

My last official day of school is the 22nd July, although my 'official' last day is the 1st July :D Three straight weeks of skiving!

Well, two weeks of work experience, and a week at uni LOL

Guest Azrael
I started in March, I'm half way through the first semester, not even near the end. The problem is that the first year is the toughest, cause there are a lot of people and the University does it's best to try to drive people away, a LOT of people come, so everything is quite harder than it should be, they are indeed giving us a hard time, hopefully once I get to 2nd year, things should be easier and more enjoyable :)