Alpha 3.0 Is Just The Geoscape?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jalum_*

Guest_Jalum_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2003 - 02:54 PM

So if we see the Geoscape and hear the music, and it zooms and spins and the menu buttons light up, that's pretty much all there is to test, right?

Jalum

#2 Anthonius Runeblaze

Anthonius Runeblaze

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 02:58 PM

Yep. That would be about it.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future, the sheltering wings of the protector... The flames of hatred scorch the skies, igniting Gaia's funeral pyre...

#3 red knight

red knight

Xenocide Project Leader

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 03:06 PM

Yes we are testing the things that we will eventually need to complete the game...

Greetings
Red Knight
Sourceforge Nick: flois - Federico Andres Lois
Visit my blog at: flois.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Pookie cover me, I am going in.

#4 Guest_ohmy_*

Guest_ohmy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:07 PM

hahaha, sorry that is funny. I love the new look though. It was just kind of dissapointing when I first opened up 3.0 and saw the geoscape and thought, holy crap, and then tried to build a base and nothing happened....

ohmy

#5 revenant4

revenant4

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:16 PM

Patience is a Virtue...

#6 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:22 AM

hahaha, sorry that is funny. I love the new look though. It was just kind of dissapointing when I first opened up 3.0 and saw the geoscape and thought, holy crap, and then tried to build a base and nothing happened....

ohmy

LOL, sorry, there is still much to be done :)

#7 Guest_Maciek (Poland)_*

Guest_Maciek (Poland)_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2003 - 03:54 PM

I'd like to say You Guys are doing a great job.. Im a big fan of X-com 1 and I cant stand waiting for your product,

I run it and it works, however the globe is prety dark for a day, and sometimes my "right arrow" (which should turn the globe to the right) is not working

I wish I could help you, Im studying programming but Im on the startying line (know something about java, TP, some HTML, Pearl etc) I will be studying C++ this year,

anyway, great job

#8 Judge_Deadd

Judge_Deadd

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:32 AM

I know that's off-topic but... another Polish on this forum? You can join Demich & me.
"This is why I love subtle humour, it's as dirty or as clean as the reader's own mind." -- Sinscale17

"Just imagine if you were really the XCOM commander. You'd build defence modules like there was no tomorrow. Because if you didn't, there really would be no tomorrow!" -- Aiki-Knight

#9 mikker

mikker

Artwork Department

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:19 AM

I run it and it works, however the globe is prety dark for a day, and sometimes my "right arrow" (which should turn the globe to the right) is not working

I got this as well, but if you turn it a little to the left it works again. :huh?:

Some people say that dreams are a portal to the subconscious. If that is so, I am a very disturbed person.

the truth about scientology

#10 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Maciek (Poland) @ Jul 30 2003, 06:00 PM)

I got this as well, but if you turn it a little to the left it works again. 

What the heck is going on there then??
Posted Image

#11 <user_unknown>

<user_unknown>

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:57 AM

This looks amazing! Is it meant to close when you click the options button though? If i knew anything about programming i would help but.....

#12 Guest_Jim69_*

Guest_Jim69_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2003 - 12:08 PM

Yeah it is. U know ne thing about graphics? U could help there.

Edited by Jim69, 22 August 2003 - 12:09 PM.

#13 <user_unknown>

<user_unknown>

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:50 AM

Well, i just started learning to model 3d things using gmax but i'm not very good.