XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Bilingual?

Hello there! I'm new here! ^_^

I have a strange problem with UFO Defense CE, and this only happens on my Windows XP. When I'm starting the game, I clearly select "French" for the language. Everything is in French and it's fine, but once I'm entering the Battlescape, everything becomes in English. However, when trying it on my Windows 98SE, everything is fine : texts are in French. Why is it like that?

Something that surprised me is that, on my Windows 98SE, I got the garbled graphics bug and used the loader (ldr_XCOM1.exe) to solve the problem, but under WinXP : nothing. OMFG However, everything is too fast... <_<

By the way, which version is better, the Dos one or the CE one?

Are you using XComutil's split executables?

- NKF

Ok, I finally solved the problem by myself, but it's still weird though : if I load the game on the main menu, the game will change the Battlescape language to English, no matter which language I chose. Once I load the game through the Options menu, the Battlescape language will then turn to the chosen language.

And no, I don't use XComUtil. Should I?

And no, I don't use XComUtil. Should I?

I was just wondering if you were, as it splits the CE executable into two, so I thought there might've been some miscommunication between the two executables in regards to the language.

- NKF