XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Swapping Sectoids And Chryssalids(related To General X-com Discussion)

...chryssalids are as scary as they are supposed to be, but they are replaced by sectoids!

Imagine you on a snakeman terror mission, step-by-step moving...something comes sprinting at your soldier from a nearby corner...you pray for luck and then your soldier stares in awe. It is a sectoid! But the time is lost. The sectoid approaches and makes your soldier a zombie.

Basically, the idea is to somehow change chryssalid sprites to sectoid sprites and sectoid sprites to chryssalid sprites. And make them turn into appropriate corpses, without swapping abilities.

Why? Well, i don`t really know yourself why i had such an idea. This one just came in my head 2 days ago(i heard they do that sometimes...). But it seems more realistic to me. And as well i do not know, why. Probably because sectoids are smaller...

Well, it should be possible to swap sectoid.pck and sectoid.tab with chryssalid files, but that doesn`t change ALL, i suppose. I do not want to make game look stupid, so i`d rather ask first, what these files change:all or nothing?

Edited by nonam