XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Bugs while using Xcomutil + UfoExtender (UfoLoader)

Okay well, i am using both,since beta of xcomutil supports extender and i really like keyboard shortcuts and inverntory screen showing weight and all that. (playing CE on Win7)

Xcomutil is the latest beta 9.7, and i am using patches for older sounds and fixes from "zombie and others" for the lightning, tree stumps, spawn points etc.

The only thing Xcomutil should do with my saves is screen my ppl for psionic powers and add stastrings. Thats all. Yes and the "remember equipment" is set to Y. nothing else should go, i dont use autocombat, autowin, reveal, replace, another ufo layouts, anything of that.

Now, i wasnt using anything else on my savegames except for Fhred hex editor to set "active interceptor windows" count to 0 because i managed to save with minimised interceptor windows. I am absolutely 100% sure i only changed 0x06 offset to 00 and nothing else. I had experience with hacking save files and i know 100% i didnt "do something wrong" with my save. Except if setting 0x06 to 0 in that uiglob... file is "wrong", but ufopaedia.org suggested it would fix the interceptor problem and nothing else.

I am transferring save files between different PC's (i play on my way to the work on a netbook, and at home on my pc) but both games are identical, copied via USB). I am transferring the whole game1-10 folders, deleting them then rewriting with those with later saves.

First, i was getting a strange bug that i managed to clear by restarting the game. Got it twice. Bug was, out of sudden the globe would be corrupted. Some continents would "spill" to the screen edges, like if you "fill" in paint while not making a complete contour and you get your whole image screwed. Rotating the globe would show that almost every continent (or "patch" of soil) is corrupted that way, the globe is useless and you cannot distinguish anything anymore. Now this didnt fix with save/load (loading gave same problems) but this did fix by exiting game and launching it again.

Then, i got a negative score at the end of the month, score was in millions, i belive thats a familliar -217.... number which is the minimum possible number you can put into a signed int32, but i might be wrong. While the rating was "poor", i was told to "improve or project would be terminated" but the countries were HAPPY and fundings increased by 800 000$.

Now, i have a save. Whatever i do, next event is a UFO spawns. (i have hyperwave decoders). This ufo has a size = "PSIONIC SKILL", speed 45 and description is some insane amount of text from Ufopedia which goes off boundaries of the "ufo decoded" screen. Appearance of this Ufo triggers the "globe corrupted bug" i had earlier and this time i cannot clear the bug with anything, saveload or anything, except if i skip some time, then the globe would restore, but the ufo will stick. First it "blinks" all over the earth, then it stops at africa, coming to a complete halt, not moving. It wont disappear. If i try to intercept it, i see a wall of random colored pixels where i should see the ufo "blip". Same pixels on the "ufo picture". I can one-shot this ufo (destroyed) but then my fighter will NEVER disengage and i cannot minimise the interceptor window, clicking disengage wont help either.

If do not attemt any action, game continues normally (ufos fly around) and then this ufo seems to "drift" towards the north pole at very slow speed, until it stops completely at the north pole and doesnt move anywhere. Thats it. It stays there forever (well i skipped about 20 days and about 30 events).

Is there a way to fix my save? I have an earlier save, but i wouldnt like to go back since i made some serious (not interesting, boring) management from that point and i wouldnt like to do that over agian. And since.... this is not the first bug i have, dont think that going back would help.

Is there an editor that can edit UFO's on the geoscape? That could remove that buggy UFO for me?

Are any of the bugs i described common, or maybe someone came across them and know why they happen?

Now, if i load a previous save (a tactical save three days before), i will still get the buggy ufo around ~3 days later (sometimes it appears a day later, but it still appears).

Now, i did it on my netbook, and TWO buggy ufo's spawned! Instead of one. They got "detected" one after another. Maybe this will give a clue to the problem source?

Thats it, i can no longer play :( first, those buggy "Psionic size" ufos started to appear over and over, they stack over north america or north pole, i have about 10 of them now appeared in ~15 days. And now the game just will crash with generic 0xc0000005 errors randomly..... Uhh, so much for playing this lovely game :(