XCOMUFO & Xenocide

List Of Servers

Hobbes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi UFO2000 fanatic players! :D

I want to remember to all of you that my server is always available for lot of funny battle hours and and ready to support the community in case of catastrophic event.

I decided to start it on May (if i remember correctly) when the main official server goes off-line for the first time in 2007 and never got it back for shutdown althought i really must say that not much people know this server and often i've noticed that it was empty for major part of the day OMFG

Ok, connect to:

- Tr3ngaTr4sh.servebeer.com:2001 --> UFO2000 Server 0.7.1071

- Tr3ngaTr4sh.servebeer.com:2000 --> UFO2000 Server 0.7.1062

Have a funny battle time UFO2000 players! =b

• 2 months later...
Damn. I kept looking on the forums and reloading it all the time and as someone replied I got bored of it...

Btw server doesn't work for me. What version is it running?

I compiled ufo2000.kostax.cz from svn last week, it's current version.

I haven't problems with (my ;-) server.

ICQ 87323239 - prepare for battle (9:00 - 17:00, mon-fri :-)

Yeah i look sometimes on two servers and never seen anybody. I suggest to change that official server (which is almost all time down) to another. And give a news on main side.

Phenix, now i am o this "ufo2000.kostax.cz" if you want to play.

ufo2000.kostax.cz is running one week without crash. Official server is still down. I can administer ufo2000.kostax.cz long time, I have hardware, connectivity, ...

• 8 months later...
Ok so I was thinking, why shouldn't I open my own server. Of course I don't have any problems with that but nobody seems to be playing so it would be a waste of electricity and time. Also, I found out that the ufo2000.kostax.cz server IS as a matter of fact still online. So I'm encouraging everyone to play sometime in that server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
ufo2000.net is down: no game server, no official site, no bugtracker.

http://sopastrike.com/

This SOPA thing is a real threat to UFO2000, especially considering the possibility to use the original X-COM data files. We avoid including any proprietary copyrighted stuff with the game and leave it up to the user to find the original copy of X-COM if he wants to (and there are legal ways to obtain it). But the problem with SOPA/PIPA is that it would give too much power to those guys and they might be trigger happy to shut us down on a mere suspicion or misunderstanding.

Sorry for not providing a prior notice about participating in this strike. Maybe it was crazy, but somehow it seemed to me that such unexpected shutdown would feel like a bit more real demonstration of what can be expected in the future if such acts pass.

Sorry for not providing a prior notice about participating in this strike. Maybe it was crazy, but somehow it seemed to me that such unexpected shutdown would feel like a bit more real demonstration of what can be expected in the future if such acts pass.

I say "No problem", since the shutdown and your post highlighted to me the fact that UFO2000 is also connected to Stop Online Piracy Act issue, such as Wikipedia.

• 2 weeks later...
ufo2000.net is down: no game server, no official site, no bugtracker.

This SOPA thing is a real threat to UFO2000, especially considering the possibility to use the original X-COM data files. We avoid including any proprietary copyrighted stuff with the game and leave it up to the user to find the original copy of X-COM if he wants to (and there are legal ways to obtain it). But the problem with SOPA/PIPA is that it would give too much power to those guys and they might be trigger happy to shut us down on a mere suspicion or misunderstanding.

My only suggestion would be to make a more clear, formal message why they cannot connect. It's not uncommon for UFO2K to be down (at least from my former experiences). I'm glad you participated though! Now we have ACTA and future other bills to worry about (OPEN?).

• 7 years later...