4 replies to this topic

#1 Achilles

Achilles

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:22 AM

Hi, i made a little mistake when i bought my 3. base and then suddently i get no founds from the senate. And now i have too sell the base untill i get more money try raiding stuff doestn help me here..i need about 100k a week to keep the base running :blush1:
So i wonder how i sell a base that i dont need

And is there anyway the senate will ever give me money tough the av about 3 billions in dept or something like that??

Edited by Achilles, 06 March 2005 - 06:22 AM.

#2 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:23 PM

Unfortunately, X-COM bases do not come with a refund. You're stuck with what you get. Facilities that haven't had a day to start construction will give you your money back, but that's it.

Base facilities are cheap. Base maintenance is cheap. Manpower is expensive. Without a senate to support you, you will need to run your organization with a skeleton crew. Expect to have few soldiers, few scientists, and weak manufacturing power to defeat the alien menace. You can make money from doing raids (which will help alien tech), or by being very strict about your budgets. Do not sell alien tech until you have a stockpile of it- the selling price will go down to half its starting value once you start selling. Only get the best and brightest agents. Do not bother with soldiers in base defense, base defense modules are more than good enough and are much cheaper. If you have weaponry that you don't need, sell it. Everything that you could want to buy can be shipped with a few minutes notice.

Going without senate funding is one of the toughest things to do in Apoc. Good luck! :fingerscrossed:
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#3 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 02:11 PM

Get androids - find Cult building. Raid. Rinse. Repeat. That should be ok. Just keep going!!
Posted Image

#4 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

Reduce your expenditure. Destroy facilities you no longer need (like small labs or extra storage), or reduce the amount of defence stations that you've got (you only need one or two around the two types of entry points - and I'm talking about standard defence stations here - not the advanced ones), or cut down on certain buildings like the repair bays. You only ever need one in the entire city to repair your entire armada - just as long as the ships are parked at the repair base.

The cult and gangs (pick one. Osiron or Psyke being great choices. Avoid Diablo if you enjoy their incendiary grenades, otherwise pick one or two of them to become mortal enemies with) are great for rebuilding your funds. Psyclones don't change in selling price (Elerium pods do, unfortunately, as it's converted into elerium ammo).

Speaking of which, buy and sell Stormdog parts. Buy whole stormdogs, take them apart and sell the parts. Hang on to the free Anti Airguard ammo that comes with the Stormdogs. Save up at least two to three weeks worth of ammo (your stores will suffer a bit, but hang in there). At $8 a bullet, imagine how much 2000 to 3000 bullets can net you in one go! $16000 - 24000! (And that's for two or three weeks given a healthy number of Stormdogs come out on the market). Add that to the fact that you can get almost as much as you spent on buying Stormdogs sans the ammo, and you'll have made a considerable profit. Try it in a brand new game and see the benefit it has on your starting income. Do it with other road and air vehicles that you do not plan to use but can purchase in numerous quantities. Just don't do it with the Blazer. You'll hardly get much of a profit for that bike.

That's almost a bit like how economics work in the real world. Buy low, sell high. Unfortunately you don't get to choose on the prices. You do get to choose on how much you sell at a time.

Also, if you're in the mid game and you can build hybrid aircraft, you'll find that these will always sell for twice their production costs. An Explorer that cost you $22000 will sell for $44000 - every time. So that's another way of getting your engineers to earn their pay.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#5 Achilles

Achilles

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:56 AM

well thx you all guys now il get a little picture of what to do!