7 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:45 PM

Wouldn't it be possible for the program to automatically calculate and insert the distance between the node routes when you selected a destination on the list of nodes?
It would save a lot of time rather than do it manually and it would prevent wrong distances from being entered.

#2 DaiShiva

DaiShiva

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

Whoa, someone is making a route map, awesome.

Okay, it is done

Edited by DaiShiva, 05 June 2004 - 01:52 PM.

#3 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:50 PM

LOL

Why didn't I remember about this before? :hammer: It would have saved me a lot of work on my terrain mod :blink:

PS - Just tried and it works fine. Thank you very much :D

Edited by Hobbes, 05 June 2004 - 06:50 PM.

#4 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:17 AM

I've noticed two things concerning the routes:

- The automatic distance doesn't add the vertical difference between two nodes in different levels

- When you link a node to an Exit you need to pay attention to if the exit is North/West or South/East. For North/East exits you need to add 1 to the number of tiles separating the node to the northern/eastern end of the map. You don't need to do that to south/east exits. This isn't mentioned on the online help file. Also apparently this is only necessary for UFO, not TFTD (I've checked the routes for both games)

#5 DaiShiva

DaiShiva

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:32 PM

If something is calculated when you change the link to an exit node, and the number changes (from 0 to something else) that shouldnt happen

#6 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

If something is calculated when you change the link to an exit node, and the number changes (from 0 to something else) that shouldnt happen

But when you choose a link to an exit node the number never changes from zero. I had forgotten to mention that

#7 DaiShiva

DaiShiva

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

If the number doesnt change, then its working like it should. It calculates distances for any node except the 'None' node and all four exit nodes. If you want to do a basic calculation for the exit nodes, it would simply be the number of tiles walking in a straight column or row toward that side. Is that acceptable?

#8 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:20 AM

On the case of the North and West exits it is the number of tiles walking in a straight row/column plus you have to add 1 to that value. Don't ask me why, but if you check any UFO map that's how it goes :)

PS - This is not a bug, simply something that probably should be mentioned somewhere in the documentation, otherwise users will enter incorrect values for for links to North/West exits.

PPS - This is weird. What I said above applies to the Terror Site maps but for the others it's a complete mix regarding the Exit values.

Edited by Hobbes, 11 June 2004 - 07:37 PM.