XCOMUFO & Xenocide

PRG-Build-0-0-3

Hi,

Had some internet connection problems earlier today, but labelled the base with build-0-0-3 and checked it out. The only things I am attempting today is to try and test the Borland's command line 5.5 compiler and Mingw within the Cygwin einvironment and see if I can get xenocide to build. The base has not changed since build-0-0-2, so I am assuming we are still good on the other platforms. I will also be creating a sticky post in this forum that will contain the summary of each build we do. What I would like to suggest is that all comments and questions about a particular build occur in the non-sticky topic, and we leave the sticky topic (that sounds kinda gross :whatwhat: ) to provide a brief summary of what is discussed.

Updates to come.

Got the environments set up and the builds completed. Merging Cygwin and MinGW creates a *nix command line environment that gets us pretty close to the configure and make scripts that gangsta already committed to the base. The Borland 5.5 command line compiler was able to build the code from the exported 6.0 project. I am trying to think about what we can do to try and support as many platforms as possible but make my building schedule as easy as possible ('cause I'm just that sort of guy). I'll post details later this week.