9 replies to this topic

#1 Elros

Elros

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

It's always struck me as rather disappointing that you can't use brainsucker launchers yourself, as you don't get to keep the ammo. Surely a good potential tactic could have been to equip an android on a commando run with one? You could cause all sorts of chaos.

Was anybody else disappointed by this?

#2 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Well first of all, most of us have shot off a launcher in a mission, and we know that the brainsuckers cant be controlled by us, so its rather useless.
Me: Magic Eight Ball, do alien beings inhabit the earth?

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!

#3 Elros

Elros

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

While it's true that you can't control it, if you could us it in a raid against humans who are hostile to the aliens, it could at least start your enemies fighting each other, surely?

#4 Aiki-Knight

Aiki-Knight

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

While it's true that you can't control it, if you could us it in a raid against humans who are hostile to the aliens, it could at least start your enemies fighting each other, surely?

I think that would APPEAR to be the case, but on second thought, I suspect the AI will make brainsuckers always seek out and attack XCOM agents. I think the other problem is that a brainsucked human would become an alien, and might immediately start attacking XCOM agents, rather than fellow org-mates, as the aliens are likely most hostile to XCOM.

(You know, someone should e-mail those Gallop brothers and ask them to visit our forum and answer some questions. Good idea? :-) )

#5 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

Anyone ever tested if the brainsuckers try to attack building defenders of an org that they are hostile to?
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#6 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

Nope, havent tried.
Although I suspect they wouldnt, since my civvy's are never brainsucked.
they are unallied to aliens and vice versa in my game :D

Eight Ball: For the love of God, would you stop jiggling me! How can I predict the future when I'm about to throw up?!

#7 Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

I'm not sure how infecting your enemies with the sentient microscopic menace whose first and foremost goal is to eliminate X-Com really helps you in any way.

#8 NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

Me neither, But I Psi attacked a brainsucker in a modified game and the cult member just went to alien control. :P

I think Ive proven my point.

#9 Elros

Elros

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

Admirably.

#10 Ruanomar

Ruanomar

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

Not exaxtly on-topic but in one of my early missions an agent got brainsucked because I was not careful enough. The point is that it was near the end of that mission and I was winning so instead of attacking, it decided to flee and that scumbag left the battlefield with thousands of $ of equipment and armor on him, since it took place near an exit point. It was not a delightful feeling on the first week where without stunraiding and other tricks you have so little money. I was not quick enough to kill it. Only gametime days later occured to me that I could have searched the neighboring buildings for alien activity. Do you think I could have found him? :-) I mean I've found escaped aliens in the past in neighboring buildings and I don't think it was because the infiltration spread since that time one single Anthropod fled the battle and I have found only him in the next building.