XCOMUFO & Xenocide

A proposed "improvement" in the PROPOSED XENOCIDE FEATURE LIST...

"Accuracy increases only improve for the weapon you use, based on classes-pistol, rifle, and heavy."

Anyone who has played FallOut Tactics or a game that is similar will know that this "improvement" has the potential to be a horriable idea.

I dont want to see this strongly implimented because then it creates a false sense that your agents are really "the best soldiers in the world". If they can fire a pistol and kill a sectoid half way accross the map, but cant hit shuckeroonies with a sniper rifle, there is somethign wrong.

I suggested that characters gain a small "liking" for weapons they use often. Agents who do have a prefered weapon gain a small increase in stats when using it. Skill gain still effects their overall FA.

I would hate to see the single weapon class improvment in Xenocide. It should not determine an agents true skill with a weapon.

Im sure the topic has been debated and discussed. But please take another look at it.

:huh?: Rookie: "Well sir I pulled the pin...Whadu I do now?"

<_< Sergent: *shakes head* "Ill see you in heck kid..."

Kapow. :explode:

That list is just a short summary of what people have suggested and debated to some degree, so that new people can look and say, oh they've already discussed my idea, ok. It's in no way a list of "things to come", simply a reminder for us to take a look at in a year or two when changes to gameplay are considered.

I think if you specialize to some weapons, you would get a small bonus when using it but only a small bonus and you definitely have to be fairly good with other weapons too..

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I would avoid the Fallout-Tactics skilling method.

However, I did like xcom:apoc for the way of the training. Although agents with high skill had a high killing potential, you could still recruit recruits and they were still effective with the good ol' m4k rifle. In Ufo and TFTD, you would have a tight troops in late gameplay-times and would seldomly recruit newbies.

(One reason why I hope the simultaneous turnbased/realtimemode could be implemented :D)

Groovie ^_^

• 2 years later...

well the fallout tactics method would be effective if tweaked a bit, like group the weapons into classes, rifles, pistols, rocket launcers, etc...

the idea beings that firing a shotgun is ALOT diffrent than firing a 9mm and shooting a Sniper Rifles is alot diffrent than an rocket launcher. allof which makes sence and is realistic. besides the fallout tactics type wasn't that bad, it was just the same as all the other fallouts. Small Arms, Energy, and Heavy. then you had the specilization possibility. but hey, i just like the freaking ghouls....ZOMBIE PEOPLE WITH GUNS FTW!