XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Modifications Do U Make To Xcom

SemperFido

Just curious as to what modifications players make to Xcom to make it more enjoyable to them.

Personally I would like additional terrains (not replacements) or preferably a geoscape reskinned to include more of the terrain less used on the existing geoscape (ie more mountains and jungles). Unfortunately I don't think such a mod exist...

I would like urban terrain to be available in non terror site missions. Imagine a geoscape where much of Europe consists of urban terrain rather than being farmland...

Yep I don't want to fight 90% of my missions on farmlands...

Before Someone brings up Xcomutil, I have to point out that it doesn't work on my pc... I think most mappacks out there need it to function. If there's a particularly good mappack that u know of and doesn't require xcomutil, then bringing it to my attention would be most welcome:)

any mappack will replace an existing one, only xcomutil allows you to 'add' more of your own or from others. Daishiva's Map Editor is a nice tool to create new maps yourself, www.daishiva.com or on the forum here (xcom inspired games and editors)

Xcomutil's still replacing maps, but decides randomly each fight wich terrain it'll replace. It also allows you to randomize the world map. So, what's the problem you're having with xcomutil?

Edited by j'ordos

J'ordos fprgot to mension Chanjmap, that anouther method for new maps.

Me, I start with no base and pre-expenses funding. If I survive January then I win.

The problem with xcomutil is that the game crashes in the battlescape. It happens in both dos (out of the box and patched to 1.4) and ce vers. It happens on both my pcs. The only similarities between both system is that they both run winXP.

I found these forum trying to get ufo to run under winXP. It turned out a xcomutil free install of ce worked flawlessly.

• 4 weeks later...
NKF made a really cool thing in the game, in which he activates a weaons hidden in the game, that the developers made, and then didn't want to include it. It is really cool. Just go to http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...77870entry77870 he posted it there

It's just rubbish data that was left over in the disabled objects. It's not even activating it. I just copied its stats into an existing weapon and voila.

- NKF

oh, whoops, sorry. But it is still kinda cool

P.S.-I used it against some sectoids, it made them faint musch more often than killing them, and i think the accuracy is too high. I almost always hit-even with my cannon fodder guys :D