XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com 3 Without Sound

i can't activate the sound on x com 3.

everything else is ok with the game... i fixed the mouse problem with the crack whose link was posted here...

when i do setup and go for the soundblaster 220 7 1 as explained here.. it crashes...

i have win 2k my sound hardware in the sounds under the control panel is via audio (wave)... is it some incompatibility? help! :blink: :hammer:

yeah, my version doesn't have the run with setup option.. everything should be ok now :).. i'm grateful for you have just helped an old veteran of X-Com to rid of this despicable alien scum (no disrespect intended to real aliens).

tahnks!!!:rock:

btw. still no worthy apocalypse predecesor??... enforcer seems to suck.. and interceptor was kind of... bad

right click on 'setup.exe', there you should see an option called 'run with VDMS'...

If you have the VDMS launchpad installed (recommended btw) you should have two : one with a symbol and one without. The one with symbol is for launchpad, use that one.

EDIT : saw you have already fixed it. Good job :beer: . Yeah no improved xcom3. But Xenocide will rock anyway :wink:

Edited by j'ordos

? what did you do yo get it working?? Just run xcom apoc again?

No it's not possible to play xcom3 online. They originally planned to do so, but it was left out, along with lots of other cool things... A real shame...

i did the setup through the launchpad.. then a shortcut appears.. i changed in soublaster (that's on advanced or something like that, easy spotting it) to via audio (wave) which is my hardware, check on your sound multimedia to see what your is... then i ran normal setup... didn't test the sound and it worked... at least... that's what i think i did.... :wacko:

Great!! :beer: . Glad you got it working. Enjoy!! :happybanana:

edit : you don't mean you always tested the sound before do you? No way that would work, it would crash for sure...

Edited by j'ordos

• 1 month later...
Guest Senator Palpatine

>yes, thanks for the held once again, really apreciate it .

>now.. time to kill some alien scum.. as i said before

Tr00 Br00talnezzz Rula Mieaaannn!!!

from the middling in the well...how did you come up with such a classic quote. it is the work of pure genius!!

EHEHEHEHEHEH! :devilburn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm.. I have been having similar issues with trying to get it to run on Xp and i'm not sure I understand exactly what has been said here.

If I run without VDM sound I get delayed laggy sound, if I run with I get nothing.

I tried the "Run with VDM" on the setup but as was said earlier it doesn't work anyway, but I have no idea how to get it to work.

The lanchpad thing? Whats this, I just (30 mintues ago) maybe downloaded VDM 2.0.4 and I have no launchpad option, am I missing something?

Thanks for any help in advance.

• 2 months later...

Here's what I did:

I went to sound setup for X-Com, selected the first Sound Blaster, set the IRQ setting to 7, ignored the warning message, saved the settings, left the setup, downloaded the cd-crack, put all the files on the crack into my X-Com folder, set the XCOM3.bat file from the crack to Compatibility mode for Windows 95, and right-clicked on the .bat, then selected "Run with VDMS". That got my sound up and running. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

i had the same prob as Prep

when i did setup my soundcard with autoselect it selected a soundblaster 16bit with irq 5 (standard i believe). When i ran the game with VDM sound i got no sound.

the problem is that x-com setup doesnt detect correct irq. VDM sound recognizes my soundcard as IRQ 7 (see properties->advanced->tab soundblaster). So just set irq iof VDM sound same as X-com setup and there's your sound :beer: