XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Clarkwehyr Install

Snakeman

Got the CE version the other day from the link from here and installed it. Near as I can tell it runs ok (boy, you guys weren't kidding about the lame alien screams :))

Anyway, maybe I'm just rusty on my DOS commands, but I tried to change the path in the editor's INI file as it stated in the readme to where it installed CE. In this case for me its...

C:\Program Files\X-COM UFO Defense CE

Correct me if I'm wrong though, but it also says if your editing a saved game you tack on \GAME_1? (or for whichever save slot it is)

All I know is that its not the standard \MPS\XCOM or whatever and not sure if I put the redirection right by what it is here for me.

I noticed too in the INI file, all the remarked lines with the ; are all lined up neat n' tidy. Might that be a problem if my path line wasn't? :)

Side note here, and maybe its answered somewhere else (so would appreciate the linky), but with the CE version it also chops a wee bit of graphics from the left side of my screen. Its most noticable on the troop equip screen before entering the battlescape. I read some stuff earlier about disabling direct x or something but wasn't sure if that applied for me too. (my graphics card is a riva tnt 2 ultra if that helps).