XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Edited Posts...

Brick-To-Face

Ok, I find this a bit problematic: If someone makes a post in a topic, it's flagged as having new posts (at least for registered members)The icon changes and everything... However, some comments don't require a new post, just an edit. When I recently edited a post in a topic it wasn't marked or anything, but maybe it should be, or maybe it should be an option in the edit screen (off by default?) so that if someone substantially changes/adds to their post, the thread can be flagged as "having new posts".

I dunno, just an idea... Tell me what you think.

Sorry to say, this is not possible with the current forum software. We'll wait for stewart for his input though. :wink1:

Is it that big of a deal? If the edit is just an addition to a topic which is already up at the top of the active topics, people should be able to figure that out from the "Edit by" line in your post. If the edit is going to be days after your last one, just make a new post instead and the topic will be bumped. =b

- Zombie

There would be some problems if edited posts show up as unread. See, I tend to edit my posts a lot. I tend to make a lot of minor edits for punctuation, or glaring grammatical errors in wording that I missed while first typing my message. That is, if I manage to catch them.

It would get a little distressing to see the same message showing up as unread every time an edit is made only to find that nothing important has been added. Now have this happen over the course of a few days and it would drive you slightly batty. ;)

- NKF