3 replies to this topic

#1 ezpkns34

ezpkns34

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Finally got the game working on my XP computer, but am having issues playing it in fullscreen. I know I need to alter the dosbox.conf file to get it to play in fullscreen, but I can't find this dosbox.conf file anywhere. Anyone able to offer me a hand here?

Edited by ezpkns34, 19 July 2009 - 12:18 PM.

#2 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

The menu in your start bar where Dosbox resides should have a link directly to dosbox.conf. If all else fails, use your file explorer to go directly to the directory you stored dosbox and you should be able to locate it there.

Actually, doesn't alt+enter switch dosbox to full-screen? I'm not able to test this unfortunately as my laptop locks up any time I try to run dos programs in full screen.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#3 animator

animator

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:37 AM

Finally got the game working on my XP computer, but am having issues playing it in fullscreen. I know I need to alter the dosbox.conf file to get it to play in fullscreen, but I can't find this dosbox.conf file anywhere. Anyone able to offer me a hand here?

Yes, if you are using the new dosbox there is no dosbox.conf.

If you want to make one, just run dosbox and type: config -writeconf dosbox.conf
And that should do it ;)

You can than locate it in dosbox directory.

Edited by animator, 02 August 2009 - 05:38 AM.

#4 fudgedragon

fudgedragon

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:13 AM

There is a dosbox.conf file in the new 0.73 version of dosbox but vista compatibility strikes again.
The default location that it looks in and writes dosbox.conf to is in C:\Documents and Settings\"Username"\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox for windows XP
This has annoyed me somewhat as local settings is a hidden folder.
Unfortunately not having used vista I cant tell you were it would be on a vista system.

Reply to this topic