XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Art Tools To Research

red knight

Hi guys,

I am going to put some apps that I found that could be useful (and free).

Map Zone Editor

It is a highly configurable and easy to use texture generator. If we can go with something like this for textures, the better as the libraries are self contained, so everybody would be able to have the effects done to base textures for creation. The other important thing is that I have used it and it is very customizable.

XSI Mod Tool

The SOFTIMAGE|XSI Mod Tool gives you full access to all of the professional character creation features available in the industry's only completely non-destructive character workflow—SOFTIMAGE|XSI. This free game modification utility guides 3D professionals, as well as experienced modders and novices, through all of the features and functionality for building and texturing artwork in XSI and for creating and rigging characters, props, and environmental elements. Use the Mod Tool to mix and blend animations or render interactively and then simply export the models to your game.

We knew about it from long ago, the thing is that now with XNA Partnership they made available a DirectX exporter that we should try out.

Anyone willing to research this apps? Doesnt have to be specifically someone from art.

Greetings

Red Knight