• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:18 PM

I've been playing around with my Midnight Editor for a while (I was using Fairplay, for all you anti-cheating fanatics), and I've noticed that whenver you open it, the edited save file's research gets stopped. Stopped as in all labs (not workshops) discontinue projects as if "Stop Project" had been pressed, percent completed stays, must manually set each topic again. I dont' know if this is a common problem, but it's driving me nuts! I have 5 bases currently, and each has 2-3 labs. . .anyway, if anyone here knows a solution. . .
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.

#2 trenak

trenak

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:10 PM

I've been playing around with my Midnight Editor for a while (I was using Fairplay, for all you anti-cheating fanatics), and I've noticed that whenver you open it, the edited save file's research gets stopped.  Stopped as in all labs (not workshops) discontinue projects as if "Stop Project" had been pressed, percent completed stays, must manually set each topic again.  I dont' know if this is a common problem, but it's driving me nuts!  I have 5 bases currently, and each has 2-3 labs. . .anyway, if anyone here knows a solution. . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've noticed that since I first got it waaay back in 99, I don't think anything CAN be done about it. IT does get annoying fast , I just use the editor very sparingly(mainly for more bikes to buy) & remember to reset my research afterwards. Maybe the author might rewrite the editor to fix that problem & to improve the base building feature?? Or use Xed instead.

#3 Tsereve

Tsereve

Captain

• Xenocide Recruit
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:19 PM

99? Gee, I only got Apocalypse in August that year. . .
Justice will be dispensed by cannonade and cutlass, and all manner of remorseless pieces of metal.

Take one more step, and I swear, I will kill you so hard you will die to death.

#4 Blehm 98

Blehm 98

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:10 PM

hmmm, if you don't want to cheat, why were you in the research screen <_< The only reason i use it is if i need some missiles for my craft. Other than that, i won't cheat
Top Secret Xenocide Status report

BF2 Hackers =5SF= have busted
]sD[ Engageo <-- couldn't get him banned though, no screenshot of him ingame
]sD[Nomisser
an AK guy
The anti-logarithm of the logarithm of X plus the logarithm of Y equals X times Y, or 10^(logX + logY) = XY
Posted Image
I hate spider solitaire...

#5 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:24 AM

hmmm, if you don't want to cheat, why were you in the research screen <_<  The only reason i use it is if i need some missiles for my craft.  Other than that, i won't cheat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as far as I understand it, he means the research screen in xcom apocalypse, not in the midnight editor. As for the stocks, live with it :)

It seems unlikely the author will work on the midnight editor, there's no homepage for it anymore, and it's probably discontinued.
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)