XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Vista - Xcoma

alung2k3

Appologies as I have looked in the previous posts but it was a tad confusing. Silly me thinking that it will run fine on my PC. I ordered it today off amazon, it was a windows 95 version. My laptop which I will be using is Vista. Due to certain circumstances I wont be able to download any updates or files for about 2 months. Is there any chance in heck that it might work first time LOL? Also because I ordered the windows version will I be able to use dosbox or w/e its called? Forgive me as im not good with computers. I just remember my friend having this AGES ago and it was quality. I was sat in work thinking back and I want to buy a version for myself. If all else fails I have XP back home on my PC but wont be back for about 3 months and want to play it asap! Is there more chance that XP will work than Vista? I will also have net access then.

This is the link to what I just bought

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MicroProse-X-Com-A...3228&sr=8-5

So that is still DOS? I cant download out here, they put a block on incoming files. There may be one way to do it but not sure, they have wireless in a cafe. It might alow it on my laptop there. Is it hard to set up? DOSBOT I mean, I really want to play this LOL?

If you have Vista x64 it is impossible to play any dos (16bit) app as it no longer supports. Vista 32 has 16 but support but good luck trying to get it to run...

If you search the forums I found out how to play with dosbox on both 32 and 64 bit versions of vista

Well I had the game delivered fine, quite quickly actually. I had trouble installing on Vista. However I managed to install it fine using Safe mode + Command prompt. I have sucessfully installed it now but when I load its just a blank screen. I think ill have to try Dosbot then. A guy next door is pretty good at this kind of stuff so I think I will be ok. Its just whether I can download from out here. Theres only one place it might be possible. Its so frustrating...