XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Creative Text Writers Post Here

Guest Syntax Error

Guest Azrael Strife
IMHO we should have at least two speakers of a certain language before initiating translations, there will always be something that you will overlook...

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, why don't you write some contributions to active texts and PM them to me and we'll see if you can't help us out with the english-language CTs at the moment?

Sounds good, i'll do some reading on the active texts, and if any idea pops out i'll pm it.

Any opinion on where should i start reading? :)

So, why don't you write some contributions to active texts and PM them to me and we'll see if you can't help us out with the english-language CTs at the moment?

Sounds good, i'll do some reading on the active texts, and if any idea pops out i'll pm it.

Any opinion on where should i start reading? :)

Well, have a look at the active texts. To get a feeling for Xenocide, a look at the "warehouse" is always a good idea. Check out the hotlist and post some ideas to the top priorty texts, there you can be sure to get feedback soon.

Will do, been looking at the Engineering Facility ct for some time :)

Can't access the Warehouse forums right now though :(

Will do, been looking at the Engineering Facility ct for some time :)

Can't access the Warehouse forums right now though :(

No, you can't - at least not writing. That's why you have to send the responses to me via PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Have been reading over the project after an earlier fit of nostalgia and would love to be involved in the project.

Especially in the CTD

I am an avid sci-fi reader and gamer with a degree in electrical engineering

I would love to work on writing tech descriptions, thinking up future tech, and anything else that needs doing.

off the top of my head writing sample

Alien: XYJ

First Encountered in early waves of invaders, Alien XYJ has been designated as a Class 1 Grunt. Slow to think and adapt, the XYJ are given basic training in weapons and a heavily conditioned violent nature. Alien XJY are often brought by invader ships and herded into combat situations that require only the barest of intellectual capacity.

After Capture:

Height: 2m

Weight: 80kg

Structure: 4 limbs 1 head

Locomotion: Bipedal upright

After dissection:

Covering: Skin with armor rating *** capable of sustaining 1000N of blunt trauma force before penetration

Eyes: Two on front of head

Mouth: mostly non-functional

Pain Threshold: ***

Notable Weaknesses: ...

Scientists notes:

-Live subject went ape shuckeroonies in the presence of a cheese burger

-Body spasmed for 20 seconds after spinal cord was severed

Thanks,

Dread

• 1 month later...

Yes hello im T.J. and i would like to apply for a creative writer. I will send the application writing to where i need and hope for the best. If there is any thing you guys/girl would like to know of me or tell me please go ahead and PM me or send it to my email.

Thanks.

Im sorry but im not exactly sure how to apply. I was taken to a wikipedia page which explained to me that i would have to send in a message and a example of my writing to a email adress but now i cannot find that email address so can someone please help me. I was also going to send it to brenue ( i think thats his name) but it seems he has been inactive for some time.

Thanks.

Please ignore this reply I think i know how to apply now, i am going to send a message to red knight or vaaish.

For the third time. Thanks.

Edited by ImTJ

Send it to Mad, he is the Creative Department Senior :)

Don't forget to include a piece of your work with the PM.

In addition, are you REALLY sure that you want to apply? Do you have the needed mood and spare time to work on texts and provide new ideas and better drafts?

Well i really love xcom, the only xcom game i played though is UFO and i completely love it and i tend to have a good amount of spare time i just waste. Im full of ideas when it comes to writing, im even writing a book right now but i would like to help with the xenocide project texts if possible.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying hard to contain my exitement over a modern version of the Xcom classics. I wasted many happy hours playing that old diamond. If I can contribute to the quality (and release date) of this game in any way I'd be more than happy to.

I'm very well cut out for the creative writing department. I'm a big sci-fi fan with an exellent technical knowledge and I know how to knock out some enjoyable to read paragraphs.

I'm also a graduate in zoology and would love to work on alien biology, background and design. But I'm sure I could also contribute some excellent work to storyline, weapon and craft description, reports, messages and all the rest.

I hope you can find some work for me to do.

I may be Earths only hope!

Hi and welcome to the project socratesmcgonagal :)

Mad will contact you soon with more information

Meanwhile have a look at the SVN (http://svn.projectxenocide.com/assets/Creative%20Text%20Department/XNet/) and the wiki page (http://docs.projectxenocide.com/index.php/CTD:Asset_List) to get used to the existing text and writting style :). Don't hesitate to experiment

• 6 months later...
Guest Rebonak
Hi. I'm reapplying for a spot as text writer. I used to haunt these forums as Warhamster several years ago. I actually did an attempt to do the article for the interceptor but was unable to continue due to work. Well, I'm back and would like to help write out some texts if you still need the help. So throw me a line on anything.

PM stewart and Mad to get the needed access (in order to be able to enter the corresponding subforums), and we'll talk again :)

I'm back. stewart gave me access to my old account. What do I need to do to regain access to the other protected forums again? Thanks!

Warhamster aka Rebonak

PS: How do I go about deleting the Rebonak account?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very interested in contributing to the creative text for Project Xenocide.

I realize that I may be months (or years) too late, but I would certainly love to help in anyway, even if only to proofread already written text.

I have already written a short submission article (three entries in the old XCOM Ufopaedia style), and would gladly submit my application at any time.

I hope that I am able to help. XCOM is one of the most important games ever made and played a prominent part in my developmental years. I am glad to see that this project is apparently nearing completion, and would like nothing more than to offer my services.

I look forward to (hopefully) hearing from an Admin.

Hi!

Well everyone can help - applications via PM to me.

What will be your job? Most Texts are already completed or at least close to completion. Your job will be to

• :proofread
  • check for consistency errors
  • ensure that the text matches the style used in the other entries
  • rewrite if and where necessary
  • proofread again and again
  • post your result
  • incorporate comments from your fellow writers
  • proofread
  • post your result
  • if finished=1 goto end
  • if finished=0 goto proofread
  • :end

;) (agreed this code could be nicer and much more effective :P )

If you are willing to do just that, please be very welcome to join the team. :)

I'm awaiting your application.

Edited by Mad

• 11 months later...

I was scared... frightened... should i?.... it could cost a lot of lives.... but then i looked into the light, and saw the truth, the truth i was finding a long time.... it wont hurt if i try replying on the forum for joining in texting team.... maybe they'l take me... maybe they wont... maybe for my writing, maybe because i am from czech republic, i can translate it to my language... every language counts... or does it? Ill never know... :( maybe, if they ever will, they will reply on "[email protected]"... hope is all i have.... :-d

LOL cant believe i actualy write that crap here :-D

Edited by Mafie