XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Version 627 players?

Hobbes

Hi there! It's nice to see you around.

I guess there won't be many challengers, just because this old version is not easily available. It is hidden from the download area because it is affected by some old security problems (fixed on more recent versions): http://secunia.com/advisories/21091

What makes you prefer it over the latest build? Performance, bugs, balance issues, anything else? Maybe we could try to fix something (that is if we can overcome inertia and start moving again) ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's just too much unbalancing in the game in itself. Too many default weapons, having 16 floors is just crazy (especially for the maps that didn't design them to begin with), too much variability (grenades blowing up on each other and stacking to go for a instant kill). There's just too much things that need improving. But nobody is actively developing to fix this. I would help a long time ago but it's just too much for me to jump in such a programming project like this, nor would I have any access to modify newer versions. To us this version just "feels" more stable and not so alien (not the alien bases >>).

Also the older version only supports x-com, and that is what X-com fans really like to remember. X-com, not modern warfare spin-off. No offense, it's nice to be flexible in creating your own weaponset but the default has too many issues IMHO. I stated the reasons before...somewhere. But again, X-com fans want X-com.

Hobbes,

I wouldn't mind a couple games now and then. I am usually busy though, life, my own project, work, etc. I'm sure I can play on a day off though, which is usually Wednesdays and Fridays. Hope my reply isn't too late for you to actually get it :P

Edited by Kratos