XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Enforcer Review

Andy

Just finished the game after buying it a few days ago.

Pros:
- quick, easy to learn
- maps are detailed

Cons:
- mediocre storyline
- too easy
- no 'ufopedia'
- missions/maps are required to complete to progress onto the next 'stage' (you can't skip missions)

6/10

Hey -

Yeah, I just read the review.
[url="http://www.game-revolution.com/games/pc/action/xcom_enforcer.htm"]http://www.game-revolution.com/games/pc/ac...om_enforcer.htm[/url]

Sounds aweful, I'm sorry you had to experience that!
Gold

EDIT: Their webpage is pretty good though! I think I probably enjoyed the page, more than I would the game... Edited by GreatGold

I think they should damn well make a FPS, they could do a good job if they took the time, it would sort of be like XCI, but with dudes who you can boss around (or maybe having one guy), and sending out guys to intercept terror mishes or something (ala Halo2 or Half-life 2, in cities). Seeing alien guts splatter real-time would be most amusing, (it would need a good physics engine of course), you could pick up alien weapons after they have been researched to use as well. They probably won't make another soon though...

Guest Jim69
I seriously doubt if there will ever be anothe X-Com, it's been all downhill since Apoc ( which IMO wasn't the greatest in the series, seemed 2 lose a lot of the strategy altho it has it's fans ).

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='soundman' date='Jul 29 2003, 07:51 PM']I think they should damn well make a FPS, they could do a good job if they took the time, it would sort of be like XCI, but with dudes who you can boss around (or maybe having one guy), and sending out guys to intercept terror mishes or something (ala Halo2 or Half-life 2, in cities). Seeing alien guts splatter real-time would be most amusing, (it would need a good physics engine of course), you could pick up alien weapons after they have been researched to use as well. They probably won't make another soon though...[/quote]
they did, but never finished it. It was Xcom Alliance.

Now it's Xcom Alliance R.I.P.

[quote name='soundman' date='Jul 30 2003, 08:05 AM']Yeah, I actually quite liked Apoc, but it [u]definitely[/u] had its flaws. I guess after a diaster like enforcer developers are reluctant to risk making another.[/quote]
Was enforcer even made by the original developors of X-COm? Gallop bros. I think. I hope not, coz if they put their name on that piece of **** then their reputations would ave taken 1 big battering.

[quote]Was enforcer even made by the original developors of X-COm? Gallop bros. I think. I hope not, coz if they put their name on that piece of **** then their reputations would ave taken 1 big battering.[/quote]

Actually Gallops didn't have anything to do with X-Com after Apoc IIRC, and they definedly woudn't have condoned a disaster like Enforcer. Atleast that is the version I am willing to accept...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you think enforcer is too easy, you are playing it the wrong way!

You should try not only to kill all the aliens in a given mission, but you should do it without getting hit at all, never, nada, not once should you get hit. If you play it like that, you will have much more fun, I guarentee it.

Someone who wored in the same design company that made Enforcer ( but wasn't there when it was made ) talked to some of the guys who made it, they really wanted to do a good job but the Publisher's told them to get this game out in 6 months or else...So blame the publishers not the designers, I'd bet that this isn't the first game rushed out in 6 months because their publishers told them to.

• 2 weeks later...
What happened was Microprose was working big on Alliance when Hasbro bought them. Hasbro just wanted another video game out asap, and if you'll notice, there's no more stuff by microprose, or in the microprose style. Sid Meyer's stuff is now infrogames, and x-com died. Enforcer was a salvage-piece; Hasbro didn't mean for it to be a great game, and the programmers didn't mean for it to be a final piece. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

[quote name='Extralucas' date='Sep 20 2003, 01:48 AM']Their fault why TFTD (for me :P )and Apoc (could be tons better) sucked.[/quote]
Well, every X-Com game has seemed rushed to me, become almost a sad trademark. X-Com 1 was the one rushed the least I think because all that was wrong with it was technical bugs whereas the rest just weren't thought through enough IMO. And it only got worse as the series went on :boohoo:

• 7 months later...
[quote name='SupSuper' date='Sep 19 2003, 05:32 PM']i may be a fan of FPS, but Enforcer simply ruins the whole X-Com idea. Alliance had a better idea of a FPS-type battle and still had the X-Com spirit. but enforcer is simply... :cussing:[/quote]
I second that. :rock:

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest moomin
I actually enjoyed the game, it was very fast paced and for a 6 month piece of work it was very good.

Nothing to do with Xcom, just a quick paced blast'em up.

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.