XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Recruits Post Patches Here

dteviot

Patch for Alien Mission debugging:

- Added option in cheats section of startsettings.xml to enable/disable the button. It's currently enabled by default.

- When viewing geoscape, "Alien Mission" button shows in bottom right of globe view (when feature is enabled)

- Popup dialog allows selection of all mission types, and then the position to launch the mission.

- Currently, the following mission types don't actually create a mission:

Abdution: There's no implementation for it yet

Harvest: There's no implementation for it yet

Terror: Enough of these already get created. Do we want to be able to target a specific city (or city nearest a position)?

Supply: Seems to get created automatically once an alien base is built. Do we want to specifically create these by finding the alien base nearest a position?

Since it's a debug feature, I didn't bother showing an error that the mission wasn't created for those 4 types. The reason they show up in the list is because I set it up so that it works off the enumeration type, so if mission types are added/changed/removed the list will be right, although the handler code would still need updating.

AlienMissionControl.zip

Patch for Alien Mission debugging:

- Currently, the following mission types don't actually create a mission:

Abdution: There's no implementation for it yet

Harvest: There's no implementation for it yet

Actually, these types DO exist, it's just that the behavior of the individual UFOs is identical to that of UFOs on a research mission.

I was able to get layouts working tonight and was able to replicate the Research Dialog box using a layout. Some things have to stay in code since they are dynamic but the button layouts and such can be defined outside of code. I'm not to the point of putting up a patch yet but I've attached my sample layout file so you can take a look.

Here is an optionsdialog layout for you to test.

optionsdialog.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Disables vsync in DEBUG builds.

While early optimizing is the root of all evil, massive decrease in performance still indicates that something is being done the wrong way.

For example, I was experimenting with drawing 2D GeoMarkers with a SpriteBatch. I usually have around 300fps but the SpriteBatch code decreased my fps to around 90. Quite some performance loss. So SpritesBatches are probably not ideal.

disable_vsync.zip

Edited by taz0k

PSI training patch - allows assigning soldiers to PSI training at start of month, if psi training facility exists.

Will add support for changed psi stats once we have combatants with psi attributes.

Is there an end of month event I can subscribe to?

I am running FxCop on the code, and for some reason it does not exclude rules that are excluded in code (for example in OutpostInventory.cs it flags the suppressed "Validate arguments..." rule, any idea why this is happening and how I can make it play nice?

AssignPsi.zip

PSI training patch - allows assigning soldiers to PSI training at start of month, if psi training facility exists.

Will add support for changed psi stats once we have combatants with psi attributes.

Is there an end of month event I can subscribe to?

Subscribe, no. There's a repeating reservation however.

Check out HalfHourRepeatingGeoAppointment.StartOfMonthActivity()

in xenocide\Xenocide\Source\Model\Geoscape\Appointments\HalfHourRepeatingGeoAppointment.cs

I am running FxCop on the code, and for some reason it does not exclude rules that are excluded in code (for example in OutpostInventory.cs it flags the suppressed "Validate arguments..." rule, any idea why this is happening and how I can make it play nice?

Sorry, I've never had that problem. Is it possible we're running different versions of FxCop? Check the code for the exclusion. Is it different? Failing that, Google is your friend.

Added calls to end of month psi skills processing.

Will add the actual calculation once there is an attribute that can be used for psi statistics.

Also a fix for the FxCop problem I encountered (added CODE_ANALYSIS symbol to project under the debug build configuration)

PsiEndOfMonthProcessing.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Adds cell description text and updated inventory sprites.

However, when I click the screen the text on bottom and top seem to lose a line in the middle. Seems only does it to on that screen.

FYI. please use zip in future. While I can handle rar files, they're something of a pain for me.

Normally I would, I did not have it installed yet. Formatted computer last weekend.
As far as I know, winrar is the only program that can compress files with the rar algorithm. But, with winrar you can compress to both .rar and .zip! It's on the lower-left of the compression dialog