XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Important Announcement

Dear Members,

All member have to get an account in the Issue Tracker (coders or not), even recruits at http://bugs.projectxenocide.com. This system is going to be used to distribute tasks among members and to identify them, if you know of a task that is not done in a category that is not already set, file a bug in the request for the new category.

The system is pretty easy to use (even for admins) so all Seniors and task leaders will have to be able to fill tasks in it. I hope that with this addition we can move to a more disciplined way of working that would allow as to be more productive and have less comunication problems.

If anyone has problems with the bugs database, contact mindstormmaster, micah, rincewind, guyver or me.. as we have been using it for a couple of days already.

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

I would add that this include all CTD Department, Graphics Departments, etc... There are currently 17 open tasks, but only programming or administrative members had take accounts.

If you have problems getting the activation mail, just let me know and I will activate manually those that cannot activate themselves.

Greetings

Red Knight

• 8 months later...

Notice to all developers...

Thanks to Mindstormmaster we have a new version of the Issue Tracker. One of the most important features is that now we have a counter that specifies how much work has been done on a task. Please log into the issue tracker and check your assigned tasks. If it is already in progress give a time estimate of work and the percentage done up to now.

With that we are able to improve our productivity and hopefully have a playable Xenocide soon. As always if anyone has doubts on how to use the Issue Tracker, post the question and we will help you (we are glad to).

Greetings

Red Knight

Yes, sure, this works. But there is no information about this trick on the login page. Also you can't post links to the issues in the forums or in the other places so that everyone could have a quick look at them (non registered users will just get a login request page, most likely they will get bored and will just get away). Is the information from the issue tracker so secret, that it is worth restricting access to it? ;)