XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - IDEAS - Battlescape Tunes

hippyjon

i was thinking of trying my hand at a battlescape tune. i think i could do some dark ambient stuff.

itd be cool if we had a bunch of tracks ranging between 30seconds and 5mins long that would come in randomly every so often, so thered be no music for like 3 mins then a track would come in for however long, then 5 minutes of nothing... might be some size issues with that but itd be good

or we could maybe have it so that different tracks are selected depending on how the battle is going (but still quite random so its not like every time you kill 3 aliens in a turn you get the same tune) with values attatched to events which influence the music choice, and something to stop the same ones being repeated to closley

maybe v1+ ?

Not v1+ at all. I think it's something we'd like to do in v1, as music has been proven to really set the mood, and in a game like xenocide, the music will be very important in the battlescape. However, you are probably not aware of it, but we as a project we are working our hardest to finish the geoscape half of the game first. In that sense, if you could continue working on geoscape/baseview/xnet tracks, that would be best because we can include such material in the alphas as we release them. If you want to work on battlescape tracks anyway, by all means, feel free to.

yeh, i was aware of that, i just doubt i could add any music to the geoscape so i was thinking further ahead. ok, everyone ignore this thread till the time comes :D

This project is like an ice cube. If you make all the members do the 1 thing a time, lets say geoscape music, the ice cube is whole, and takes more time to melt. If you split up, and do diffrent things, like both geoscape music, and battlescape music, its like splitting the icecupe in more pieces, and it will melt faster.

Did that make sence? :huh?:

Edited by mikker

Something about exposing more surface area so more can melt.... or something like that.... I have to agree with you all that the music department is pretty much exempt from the geoscape-only guideline we have on the other departments. As senior members we're trying to guide everyone in the same direction to get the first half of the game completed first.

Let's hear some chilling music!