2 replies to this topic

#1 rjpeers

rjpeers

Squaddie

• Duplicate Account
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:18 PM

How about in keeping with the flavor of the original, you keep the general concept of taking the fight to the aliens on Mars but instead of a 2 part scenario....how about a several part final mission a la X-com Apoc.

Here's the general synopsis.

Part 1: Gather the best X-corp has to offer as far as soldiers, weaponry, etc. Remember to stock up and go poddy before you leave! Fly to Cydonia, make planetfall, clear landing area and set-up a covert mini-base of ops. small pockets of resistance. fairly easy.

Part 2: Mini-base can only use living, stores, mini-research, mini-engineering, detection, not radar, minimal defense. Gain access to farminig or living areas....disable and capture suspects for further intel.

Part 3. access manufacturing and try to disable/sabotage

part 4. Try to raid large living areas to catch particular suspects for further intel.

Part 5. Sabotage a Comm center or else the aliens make a call back home for re-inforcements.

part 6. destroy advanced research and manufacturing

part 7. defend mini-base or risk losing it all. could possibly be part 4-6 too.

part 8. storm the inner sanctum of the base and find this overmind and end this !@#$%

part 9. Plant the explosive charges and Run the gauntlet to get back to the ship and head home.

Would make Cydonia MUCHO interesting!!!

#2 GARAK

GARAK

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

I don't know why they just don't send a nuke down the elevator shaft. Or planetary bombardment. Just because the aliens choose not to use weapons of mass destruction doesn't mean we can't. But I guess that is off topic. Ummmm I think cydonia needs some work, but not 10 full missions to destroy it. Too much. I say more surface fighting, and a much larger base.

#3 Preda

Preda

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

err, because they don't want to blow up all the elerium in the base? because the base may be underground? Because they'd pollute a technically virgin planet?