XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Help!

Arch

ive installed x-com on my pc...slowed it down so it runs at the right speed, set the graphics so it works properly...ive fixed every problem ive had...but theres one thats just driveing me nuts...every so often (it doesnt seem to have a pattern) when im on a mission the colours of the game go crazy...somtimes they reverse sometimes they just go psycadelic...please tell me how i can fix this!!!!

:explode:

I have not heard of this before.... can you provide us your system specs to better diagnose this problem?

Does it happen very often? Is it something you can get around by just saving, restarting the game, and reloading?

well im running on xp home edition...i have a p4 2.66GHz...im using a GForce4 MX 420...and using CPUkiller to slow it down to run the game

it happens when i leave the game running without actualy doing anything and somtimes it happens while im playing a mission...it does fix itself if i exit to windows and restart the game from my save point...but its anoying haveing to do that every time

Yeah, I would agree with SupSuper there. The other day, I was playing with a screen video capture program I am using to make recordings of playing xcom, and half the time, when I activated the recorder with hotkeys while xcom was maximized, the colors would go psychadaelic. A simple flip to windows and back would correct it...

I am finding out that when I leave it set sometimes (as in pausing the game) it may get hung up!

I just save it, and restart it (CE edition).

Sometimes!

I am not switching though, just leaving it paused too long, I guess!

When they added Direct X 6.1, I see where, when I save it, one time, the cities do not show up, the next time, you save it, then the cities are back.

It does this consistently.

Every other save, the cities will show up again!

Never noticed that before, and it is the bought version, back from 1999, when it came out. ($19.99 - then later down to $9.99 --- now in 2003, these mail order places want $60 for the CE).

Something is wrong with the code with the saves alternating that way.

Cities show up every other save!

Although the city alerts will still be there, the place where the mark for the city is gone, unless one saves it again, then they show up next time, alternating.

Never noticed that before.

Oh, well, it still plays!

:blink:

:wave:

Oh, the different Countries boundaries are the same way also. One save they show, the next save they disappear, along with the cities. Minor annoyance, but still there every other time, when saving the game!

:sly:

Perhaps there is a screensaver or some monitor feature that is activating after extended periods of no activity...

ahh Micah you went faster than me <_<

i was about to say screensaver.

this could be the closest answer . anything poping up in to desktop or screen server may strongly result that problem.

i get this type of problem when i return to desktop by alt+tab, then after a couple of seconds it returns to normal.

i hope its your screensaver cause it sucks to allways restart yoru game

although CE is made for windows, any part of windows which isn't part of the game can screw up the game :rolleyes: even if a program makes the taskbar flash

for example, this once happened to my game because i left msn on and it popped up one of those "XXX is online" messages. obviously i couldn't play an "alien activity" mission like this :P

weird_colors.png